• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

a few questions!

zebbed89

mummy to mollie & wtt
Reaction score
What formula do you use and why and the same with the bottles?

I use tt ctn bottles and sma but I'm looking into changing. Also those of you who have changed how did you go about introducing these? Thanks ladies x

I use Aptamil because it came recommended by some of the MW's at the hospital when I was having feeding problems. (They can't actively recommend formula but they may as well have). I use Avent bottles and think they are good. Sorry no advice about changing as LO has always got on well with them. xxx

I've tried all the formulas with Ava and most popular bottles.

TT CTN were atrocious, cheap and nasty and the teats collapsed constantly (yes I gave the valve a squeeze and it was in line with her nose before anyone points those obvious things out lol).

Dr Browns, too faffy, didnt make a difference, teats were floppy and leaked everywhere.

TT CTN anti colic plus with the rods, they were ok but nothing special and she didnt like the teat again.

We're using Avent now and have been for a while, we use the honey coloured extra durable ones and the quality is fabulous and they've been brilliant.

As for formula, C&G makes her really gassy and gives her bellyache, Aptamil makes her throw up loads. She's on SMA and been fine on it since we put her on it two months ago xx

i use the TT CTN bottles and also find the teats collapse at times, im thinking of using avent as i used them with my other 2 kids and they never failed me lol
i was using Aptamil first milk but i found it made her reflux really ad and her tummy always hurt, i now use C&G first milk which she does well with, im thinking of moving her onto C&G comfort though as she does suffer from colic and i heard it does wonders for that :thumbup:

colic doesnt exist unfortunately! I got a book by a paediatrician called Colic Solved by Dr Bryan Vartabaudim. It really opens your eyes to the crap that doctors tell you and make you feel like a fussy mum!

Most cases of "colic" are actually acid reflux. In other cases cows milk protein intolerance can be a cause of many tummy issues in babies :flower: xx

we use dr.brown bottles, luv them and used cow and gate

i use what you r using now and never had any problems with either i think it just depends on the baby they r all different after all lol and the lady that mentioned "colic" is so right Drs feed you so much crap grrrr

We use Avent bottles - love them. Began with TT CTN bottles and wasn keen. Use Cow + Gate milk. Have always used this as when Olivia was in hospital after breastfeeding not working this is what they supplied us with so we just stuck with it. Not sure whether to move on the 6 months + milk????

TT anti colic bottles they have helped loads with LO's colic and seems to have worked,hes feeding on cow and gate number 1 :)

We were using SMA at the start and it gave her constipation and wind so we changed to Aptamil comfort which was waaay better, now she's on Aptamil hungry baby milk because she's learnt how to burp properly :) We were using TT CTN bottles but didn't like them at all!! The valve didn't let air into the bottle quick enough for the pressure to be maintained and the teats kept collapsing, so she kept sucking in air and milk which made her crippled with wind. We changed to Dr Browns which were waaaaaay better, the air trying to get into the bottle doesn't have the pressure of the milk to get through so the teats never collapsed and she didn't gulp in air anymore. She was a much better baby on the new bottles :) We changed over straight away, she took to them really well.

Fran has been on SMA in TT bottles from birth and she has been fine with both. Her poo was hard and pebble-like for the first couple of weeks but as her tummy got used to the formula it gradually got softer and softer.

Is there a particular reason why you feel the need to change?

We were using TT CTN bottles but didn't like them at all!! The valve didn't let air into the bottle quick enough for the pressure to be maintained and the teats kept collapsing, so she kept sucking in air and milk which made her crippled with wind.

this is exactly what they do to me :( crap things!!

We were using TT CTN bottles but didn't like them at all!! The valve didn't let air into the bottle quick enough for the pressure to be maintained and the teats kept collapsing, so she kept sucking in air and milk which made her crippled with wind.

The rubber on the valve is so thin it has a tendancy to stick together. Have you tried giving it a squeeze to open it up? I do this everytime I wash ours and while it still happens occasionally it's not so much of a problem now xx

The rubber on the valve is so thin it has a tendancy to stick together. Have you tried giving it a squeeze to open it up? I do this everytime I wash ours and while it still happens occasionally it's not so much of a problem now xx

iv noticed the valve is very thin and i always give it squeeze during washing to flush it through but i still find that most feeds the teat collapses, i dont think that fact that she is a hard sucker helps either lol xx

Yes i also tried doing this every time, the valve always opened fine but it just couldn't suck enough air into the bottle quick enough to keep the pressure the same, that's why i changed to a bottle that takes the air directly up above the milk.

I use Hipp organic, brought it cos its organic and never had any problems with it, lo switched from breastmilk to it fine.

Tried loads of different bottles, medela ones first for expressed breastmilk they were good to begin with but then he started getting wind, so tried tt closer to nature, dr browns, nuk, all of them rubbish, then tried MAM and they are amazing! :happydance: he gets no wind with them :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"