• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A few water home birth questions!

daddiesgift

Mom of Two
Reaction score
Hello ladies! I had a few questions I hope some one can answer!

We are moving into a MUCH smaller place around my due date so the birthing pool the midwife has just will not fit into our space. I know there is always my bath tub but I want something more comfortable and deeper. Ive looked online and Im thinking about the Oasis Birth Pool

https://www.preciousarrows.com/Oasis_Birth_Pool_p/70020.htm

Anyone used this pool? Did you like it? Its one of the smaller ones Ive seen.

How did you ladies fill and empty the pool you chose in your house?? I know they have some type of attachment hoses I just need to do more research on that but just thinking that these things hold 100+ gallons of water I wonder how long it will take to fill it up, how you keep it warm and how you dispose of it? How much was your water bill that month? :haha:

If there is any other tips or suggestions Im open to it!

Looks like an awesome pool -- I'd use it!

It only took about a half hour to 45 minutes to fill up the tub I used, but it was a kiddie pool (also small). We had a lead-free hose and a sink attachment thing, and we kept it covered with a shower curtain to keep the heat in. Occasionally my husband would bucket some of it out and add more hot water. Worked like a charm!

To empty it, we put one end of the hose in the tub and the other out the window. We're on the 4th floor of an apartment, but my husband accidently emptied it on top of a glass pyramid structure on the roof of the second floor. :haha: Whups...
He used a bucket for the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"