A funny moment to lighten the moment oh my behalf

Mellymel

Reaction score
I wanted to tell a funny story...ok I'll tell two.... in hopes that it helps with laughter during all your struggles. I often have good personal stories because I tend to say and do "stupid" things.

I always try to be nice to the hospital workers because my mom is a nurse and I have man friends in the medical field who deal with a lot of crap.

Anyway... I have Crohn's disease and have had more people check out my backside then I'd like to think about. So, I was trying to keep the moment before my d&c light. When the nurse told me to take off my back robe (aka house coat) she apologized as I was going to be exposed. I told her that it was okay because so many people have seen it. She laughed and told me how funny that sounded. I clarified that I meant people in the medical field...then said except for that one time in high school. Came out before i could think. The anesthesiologist heard the 2 nurses and me laughing and asked what he missed. Too bad for him ;)

Then today I went for an internal US as they found a lot of fibroids when I had my only US at 13 wks. It was at the hospital. Some of you may have read my rant about my horrible experience at a clinic where the tech didn't speak enough English, didn't say anything to me and was pushing so hard I hurt the next day (etc). So the tech today did a regular US and then an internal US (he was great!). We he told me was done I said that he was much more gentle than my last tech. He said that they are the best and I told him that I enjoyed it and the "more" at the end didn't come out as loud as it should have. He did the head tilt and then replied "um ok". I remember thinking should I say something to explain that I enjoyed his US more than the other guy or just leave it. I decided to walk away. :dohh:

Doh so embarrassing.

LOL!!! Thanks for that hahaha. I hate moments like that where you say something and think ahhhh it's too late to even bother explaining haha. How funny but embarrassing hehe. Made me laugh xx

when i was being put down for my d&c, the anesthesiologist tried to explain me how it would feel so he said: ok now when i put the mask on your face and start counting until 10 you will feel a bit hazy like when you smoke pot.

and i was like: ok but i never smoked pot.

and he was: ok when u get really drunk.

and me: well i don't drink either!

him (with a villain cartoon voice): ooooh well!! now you're gonna knooooowwww!

the last thing i remember is both me and the entire team bursting into laughter before the entire room collapsed from my sight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->