A game :)

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
"Fears, cheers & unclears"
... about TTC, pregnancy, babies..

Fears -- things you're afraid of (for example, stressful TTC)

Cheers -- things you're excited for (like your BFP!)

Unclears -- questions you have (does the epidural hurt? etc)

Maybe our "unclears" can be cleared up by someone who has had a baby/TTC'ed/etc before!

:)

Fears --> Miscarriage would be #1. A worse recovery period than this time around with my c-section. Having a hard time conceiving.

Cheers--> Decorating baby's room. The "firsts"- heartbeat, ultrasound, kick.. first time in my arms, first smile and beyond. Telling Elyse & OH about the pregnancy.

Unclears--> Nothing that immediately comes to mind..

Good idea for a thread hun!

Im not really WTT, but Im going to play anyway :lol:

Fears -- Another miscarriage. Losing my Angel was such a horrendous ordeal that sometimes I feel ill at the thought of TTC and having that small chance that something will go wrong.

OH and I failing our genetic tests next year.

Cheers -- POAS :rofl: Even OH has said I am getting loads of cheapies and we're going to wait out the results together.

Unclears -- dont really have any atm as Im not WTT for awhile ;)

Nic, that is awesome that your OH is going to be so involved in the "POAS" thing, :rofl:
Mine didn't even want to look at the pregnancy test, he didn't believe me that it wasn't gross and smelly and wet :rofl:

:rofl:

Yeah OH is massively into it now. He can't wait to TTC and talks about it pretty much daily about how exciting it will be to use fertility friend, and buying tests, waiting for the results, etc. He even wants it to take a few months so he can enjoy the whole TTC thing :lol:

Obviously we're no where near ready with the problems we've had, but it#s lovely that he's so excited about our future. :)

Fears --> Having to be on a bunch of medication like my last pregnancy (horrible)

Cheers--> Experiencing the feel of hiccups in my tummy and holding my new baby for the first time

Unclears--> What it will be like having two.

That's a good "unclear".. how am I going to handle 2?? :shock:

Good idea! :D

Fears --> Not having as much control over my labour as I would like.
Cheers --> Looking forward to seeing how excited OH will be and getting to see and hold my baby for the first time...and all the stuff afterwards! :lol:
Unclears --> In the US, do the hospital staff give you a choice of whether baby is put into the glass 'viewing' area or kept with you?

Good idea! :D

Fears --> Not having as much control over my labour as I was like.
Cheers --> Looking forward to seeing how excited OH will be and getting to see and hold my baby for the first time...and all the stuff afterwards! :lol:
Unclears --> In the US, do the hospital staff give you a choice of whether baby is put into the glass 'viewing' area or kept with you?

Can't speak for the US, but in Canada it is different policies at every hospital- I imagine it would be similar, at my hospital there was no nursery-- baby is with you all the time in your room unless they are in the NICU; at the other hospital here where you can have babies they take the babies into the nursery over night.

Oops *would.

Thanks, maybe I should see if I can find out more about each local hospital here. DH was born in the nearest one, so his mum might know something, but that was a long time ago!!! :lol: I just don't want them to start 'controlling' iykwim, especially if it comes to me not being ALLOWED to have my baby with me...feel it should be my choice (unless, of course, something bad happens and it's completely necessary) but OH says they just DO it. =/

Fears -> Losing another little one, especially further on in pregnancy. I'm not sure I could cope with that. Not getting pregnant, reactions of my family, how we will cope with money.
Cheers -> Telling OH, seeing bump grow and POAS! (addict!) lol
Unclears -> How I will cope? - With pregancy, birth and being a mum!

Great idea hon!

Fears -- Not being able to conceive (for some reason I think most women have this fear... loads of people I am friends with who have LOs all worried that they were infertile before they became pg!!) or taking a long time to do so, miscarriage... those are the worst things. Also a bit worried about how my back will stand up to pregnancy as I've had some serious spinal probs in the past.

Cheers -- BFP!! Scans (especially the first one & a 3d one if we get the opportunity!), telling our family & friends, buying things, making things for LO, finally being able to hold our own LO.

Unclears -- that's what my midwife mummy is for... I feel quite well versed in pregnancy & labour from a theoretical perspective!!

Fears- how will we cope moneywise?, not being able to get pregnant, losing the baby, will having a baby change mine and dh relationship for the worse?

Cheers- first finding out I'm pregnant and keeping it a little secret for a few weeks between me and dh, scans, having a bump, felling baby move, telling our family, finally meeting baby

Fears- THE BIRTH!!!

great thread!

Fears - difficulty concieving, miscarriage, induction, emergency c section

Cheers - gets a BFP, first heartbeat, scan, movement, having baby delivered straight onto me and DP telling me what make we have - sharing all of this with my sweet DP

Unclears - will they let me leave hospital after 6 hours after birth with my first baby? Will I be forced (by health care professionals) to give baby a bottle if I have trouble breastfeeding in the first couple of days

I love this thread idea :D

Fears - Another MC, not being able to get past 12 weeks,

Cheers - Getting the BFP. Telling my OH! He'll be SO excited. Scans. Getting to meet my baby!

Unclears - The risks with epidurals, does anyone really end up paralysed? :dohh:

I love this thread idea :D

Fears - Another MC, not being able to get past 12 weeks,

Cheers - Getting the BFP. Telling my OH! He'll be SO excited. Scans. Getting to meet my baby!

Unclears - The risks with epidurals, does anyone really end up paralysed? :dohh:

I don't know for sure but i was watching a baby program yesterday and someone asked the midwife on their about it and the midwife said she had seen epidurals used in pregnancy for 20 years and never once knows of anyone that was paralysed, she said the worst she had seen was an epidural head which are not common but quite painful, but after a week are all better

Great idea!

Fears - Inability to conceive (never tried before so no idea if it's all 'working'!), miscarriage, a complicated birth. Also - tearing - ouch!
Cheers - Tellling my OH we're pg, seeing my child for the first time
Unclears - is there any risk to being pg when slightly underweight?

Ooh I like this

Fears - Having a hard time conceiving and Miscarriage

Cheers- Sorting out the nursery, First scan, telling everyone, meeting our baby, walks with the pram (really looking forward to this one - don't ask me why)

Unclears - Money, How will I cope, am I ready, how life will change

fears - blood tests during pregnancy!!! and the hospital sending oh home after birth coz it isnt "visiting time" :l

cheers - hmmm - practically everything??

unclears - pain relief - what to go for, still being mobile whilst in labour? pain relief that can effect the baby? and costs of different pain reliefs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->