A game :)

Unclears - will they let me leave hospital after 6 hours after birth with my first baby? Will I be forced (by health care professionals) to give baby a bottle if I have trouble breastfeeding in the first couple of days

The policies are probably different at every hospital, but here they usually make you stay overnight (at least) to keep an eye on you and the baby. I went in to be induced Thursday at 7pm and left Monday at 4pm (with c-section though). As for feeding, my experience is that they really WANT you to breastfeed, and they will let you try breastfeeding first; at the hospital I delivered at they didn't ask a mom who wanted to breastfeed to try formula unless the baby was really having problems latching and not getting enough.. it depends on your hospital though again, I would try to find a hospital that is pro-breastfeeding if that's the way you plan on going; at mine every nurse had to go to a course to specialize in helping moms to breastfeed (not sure what it's called or the specifics of it because I FF, sorry!)

Fears, having difficulty getting pregnant, loosing the baby, OH freaking out and taking it badly, not being in control while in labour, not getting my home birth or having to have a section.

Cheers, getting the bfp, going baby shopping, having the "perfect" pregnancy and labour

Unclears, how OH will react, will i be a good mum

Fears -- having a difficult time conceiving, a miscarriage, my unsupportive father.

Cheers -- all the fun stuff to buy, the shower, the excitement, knowing that i'm carrying a bit of OH around with me all the time

Unclears -- my mom had a difficult labor and delivery with all her children. (she and I almost died from her high blood pressure, both brothers were premie and had lung problems) Does this mean that my labor and delivery is going to be hard as well?

fears: that i will need to be induced again because that always for me means an epidural and it makes it harder to push. that my group b strep will be a problem to the baby. that i will have really bad morning sickness.

cheers: watching my belly grow and feeling the baby move and having that special feeling of being special and oh making me feel special. and shopping ofcourse!

unclears: how my family will react to me having a 4th baby as they didnt all seem that over joyed when i fell with lucy. (miserable gits)

good thread tasha :thumbup:

Fears -- that we wont be bless with another, i have pcos, that we can't move and therefore can't have no 2 as soon as we would like

Cheers -- getting my bfp, maddi rubbing my tummy and saying baby, telling my parents, nesting for the new arrival!

Unclears -- will i have another c-section/can i give birth naturally

Maybe our "unclears" can be cleared up by someone who has had a baby/TTC'ed/etc before!

Fears: Being one of those women who don't bond with their baby.
Cheers: Seeing bits of me and my SO in a brand new person that we created, later seeing if he/she is brainy like SO or has my singing voice, or has our warped sense of humour...
Unclears: How do you know if you're ready to have a baby?

FEARS - Not being able to sell our flat to buy a bigger house so not being able to ttc#2 - Fingers crossed for us!:cry:
Being ill or having something wrong all the way through pregnancy like last time - ms, UTI's, flu, UTI's, carpel tunnel, ms and gestational diabetes...
Miscarriage and also not being able to concieve.
Having to have a c-section/forceps/vetous delivery - seen TOO many to not know what they are doing to me which terrifies me!:blush:

CHEERS - getting to "decorate" a nursery for the first time ever as we are in a 1 bed flat so Nathan is in his crib next to our bed:wacko:
Telling work I am pregnant on return from mat leave:haha:
POAS and using my CBFM (which I started doing this month so it can get used to my cycles by November:happydance:)

UNCLEARS - Looking after/coping with 2 under 18 months (if all goes well!)
How we will cope financially but I always worry about that:dohh:
Not wanting to return to my job after no2 but shoulf I get another job within the same field? I just cant decide!

Emma.xx

Fears --> Not being able to conceive, losing my baby if I do conceive

Cheers--> :sex: haha!! , :bfp: and the first time I will see my baby at the ultrasound

Unclears--> whether my weight and family history will affect my pregnancy too much

Oops *would.

Thanks, maybe I should see if I can find out more about each local hospital here. DH was born in the nearest one, so his mum might know something, but that was a long time ago!!! :lol: I just don't want them to start 'controlling' iykwim, especially if it comes to me not being ALLOWED to have my baby with me...feel it should be my choice (unless, of course, something bad happens and it's completely necessary) but OH says they just DO it. =/

In the US, at least here in Washington, they don't go to a nursery anymore. The baby stays with the parents unless something is wrong/they need to double check something and the baby has to go to the special care nursery to be taken care of. Hope that helps.

Oops *would.

Thanks, maybe I should see if I can find out more about each local hospital here. DH was born in the nearest one, so his mum might know something, but that was a long time ago!!! :lol: I just don't want them to start 'controlling' iykwim, especially if it comes to me not being ALLOWED to have my baby with me...feel it should be my choice (unless, of course, something bad happens and it's completely necessary) but OH says they just DO it. =/

In the US, at least here in Washington, they don't go to a nursery anymore. The baby stays with the parents unless something is wrong/they need to double check something and the baby has to go to the special care nursery to be taken care of. Hope that helps.

Thanks! Well that's reassuring. I may still do some research on my local area, but I was really worried about that...at least it's not policy in all US hospitals as DH made it sound...

xx

Fears - miscarriage, baby being premature, hypemesis all the way through again!

Cheers - finding out i'm pg, scans, buying clothes (my weakness) and, ooh, loads more stuff!

Unclears - would I cope with 2? x

Good game!

Fears -- things you're afraid of (for example, stressful TTC)

• Having difficulty getting pregnant

Cheers -- things you're excited for (like your BFP!)

• Getting BFP

• Telling my momma

• Decorating nursery

• Names!!!

Unclears -- questions you have (does the epidural hurt? etc)

• When will the right time be? With school and careers.. is there ever a best time to have a baby? :dohh:

I certainly have fear and cheers but am not WTT.

I am going to answer some of your unclears, I hope no one minds and it helps a little.

luckyme225 Having two was fantastic for me, I did not find it harder than having one (they were born 15 months apart), I just made sure we had a good routine in place before Naomi-Mae was born. If you want anything to change in your first childs routine make sure you do it well in advance of 2nd child being born.

buttonnose
I think leaving hospital depends on a lot of things, if you had a complicated pregnancy or labour then it is unlikely that you would be able to go home after six hours, however my friend gave birth to her first baby earlier this week and she had both an uncomplicated pregnancy and birth, she had her baby at 4am and left the hospital at 11am so seven hours. But it will also depend on hospital protocol some say 24 hours for your first.

ricschick :hugs: I completely understand my husband's family were really grumpy and horrid when we were pregnant with our third, and then our fourth they were so p*ssed off (we no longer speak to them for other reasons), but now my family dont want us to have a fifth (fourth with us). I have answers for this just wanted you to know your not alone :hugs:

princess_bumpYou do not have to have another c-section if everything goes to plan, if you dont want (although lots of doctors will try and pressure you). I will hopefully be having a vaginal birth after section if I make it that far.

Bunnyg82 the family history really depends on what the family has a history of.

great thread tasha

fears: another m/c, not conceiving (i have pcos and was so blessed with last pg) bad morning sickness again, fears throughout pg, tearing again... had 3rd degree tears everwhere on my bits it was hard afterwards

cheers: POAS, :bfp: , hearing first HB, first USS, feeling baby move for first time, a baby bump, first cry, hearing babies sex, first hold (nothing compares)

unknowns: how will i cope with 2 under 2, how will we manage financially

Fears - miscarriage, baby not being healthy, birth - been reading the birth stories section of this forum and now rather scared!!

Cheers - BFP, bump, decorating the nursery, shopping for baby stuff, choosing a name, being a family.

Unclears - how we will cope financially as we are both self employed, so don't earn anything unless we work. Worried about OH's stress levels - he's a natural worrier!

Fears -- I'm terrified that I won't be able to carry my own children. Surrogacy and Adoption are great and all....but I want to do it myself! I'm also scared that I would suddenly decide that I want pain killers when it's too late. (I plan on going natural/as close as possible)

Cheers -- BFP, kicking (except in the ribs...I hear that hurts like a sonofabitch), seeing my little baby for the first time, the "firsts", putting them on the school bus the 1st time, taking pictures at dances and graduations...everything! hahaha

Unclears -- I know you all say that labor feels like cramps x 1,000,000,000.....but I wish I knew exactly how it feels before I get there....too bad for me on that one though. Timing. I;m worried about school/work/moving out of the country etc etc. Money--we will never have "enough"....but is what we have good enough?:shrug:

Fears - Baby not being healthy,

Cheers - Everything about pregnancy & birth apart from stretch marks and extra weight

Unclears - how to cope with 2 & will be dd feel left out when theres 2

Great Post Tash and thought about it long and hard! lol

Fears - Obviously i feel the general fears about what can happen during pregnancy but i try to remain positive.

Cheers - Getting a BFP!! Sharing news with other, first scan, first time i hear heart beat, finding out gender, buying clothes and nursery items! Giving birth ( not the pain side, the looking forward to seeing my beautiful baby for the first time)

Unclears - Labour- what to expect. I dont know how it feels to be pregnant so i guess i am unclear to this, but very much looking forward to it!

got me all excited now! lol
xx

Fears -- Id end up getting to my 30s and still no baby. I get pregnant and then be too scared to have it/somethings wrong with me so i cant have any :(

Cheers -- Looking forwards to dressing baby and showing it off to friends and family and being a happy family with my boyfriend :)

Unclears -- Scared of needles and pain and wonder what it feels like when babys head starts coming..ouch!!

Fears - How will I manage with 2! Having to have another c-section.

Cheers - Seeing a positive test! Being more relaxed second time around.

Unclears - How will we cope in only a 2 bedroom house if we can't move before the baby comes along. I wonder how I will possibly love another baby as much as I love Erin (I know I will, but I still worry a little bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->