A Girl For Medical Reasons...

Abblebubba

WTT Sept '15 - #2
Reaction score
Just like to introduce myself!
My name is Abbey I am a 23 year old wheelchair bound mummy to my 5 year old son from a previous relationship.

In July I got married to my partner of nearly six years, we have always spoken about children. Well me more than my Hubby as I imagine most women talk more about babies than their partner?

The reason I have joined this group is basically to explain my feelings in the hope that someone else out there "gets me" as I feel my hubby isn't on the same track.

I want to start TTC towards the middle/end of next year as after Christmas I have said I am going to have my implant removed so I can get my body and cycles back to normal for a few months before I potentially get pregnant.

The thought of this scares my hubby, he does want children with me but he wants me to be in 100% healthy before I get pregnant as he's worried something may go wrong and he may lose me.

My disability is called Athrogryposis (If anyone wants to google it Lol) it is a muscle deformity that affects all four of my limbs meaning I am unable to walk/stand but I do walk on my knees around the house ect
I carried my DS fine in pregnancy aged 17 but the difference from then to now is about 4 odd stone! I've put on weight that has affected my back, knees and circulation and this COULD make pregnancy more of a risk but no one knows.

Also during my 8th month of pregnancy I got kidney stones and an iron deficiency therefore I ended up spending the last couple weeks of my pregnancy in hospital as my DS was delivered by planned C section at 37+4 weeks.

Now with all this in mind the thought of me going through all of this again is frightening for hubby and I can see why but it wont stop me because I want this SOOOO much it is all I think about everyday.

Even my DS says "mummy whens my baby sister coming to play?" he even went around telling everyone "she" was in my belly.

So as you can probably tell the reason I am here is because I cannot picture this little baby being anything other than my little girl

I even contemplate buying little dresses and tights and it all feels so real feels like I almost already have her, but lets face it I don't.

So the issue I have is getting pregnant for me is so risky and i'd be heartbroken if it wasn't a little girl because it means i'd have to go through the whole or deal again to "complete" my family.

I feel really awful for feeling this way and I will LOVE any baby whether it's another boy or a girl because I really, really want my hubby to experience the birth of his child and I want me to be the one to make it real for him.

I'm just scared in case it's not the girl i'm dreaming of and i'm scared of the reality I may not be able to go through it a 3rd time if I even make it through a second pregnancy.

:cry:

:hugs:. I'm wtt for our 3rd and would like a girl, for various reasons, some of them medical. I have a medical condition which is hereditory, girls tend to be less likely to get it and less severely effected if they do. If we have to deliver early due to complications and it results in special care time I've been told that girls tend to fare better. So I do get how you feel.
I would really recommend putting a plan in place (if you haven't already) and working out what you can do to put you in the best position for pregnancy. it would probably help your OH and it would make it more likely that you'll have an easier pregnancy, so if you do end up wanting to go for a 3rd it won't feel so daunting. I had some complications with my 2nd LO and this time around I have an action plan I've worked out with support from my doctors, so that I know I'm putting myself in the best position I can for pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->