A Little annoyed with M&P - what would you do?

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Ok so I love M&Ps products dont get me wrong but im fed up of their crap customer service.

I ordered a changing mat in store last week as they had no stock of the scrapbook girls one I wanted, so I went to pick it up today but the woman was so miserable with me and put the changing mat on the floor infront of the cash desk whilst she placed the rest of my items in the bag. She practically made me feel like an idiot for accidently deleting my email for the clothes i ordered so i didnt have my order number.

Any way I left the shop and drove home, ive just looked at my changing mat (with out taking out of the wrapping etc) and thought theres something missing here. It hasnt got the detachable rattle toy. Ok so little things but FFS do they not check these things. I didnt check at the time because i wanted to get out of the shop as soon as possible after being made to feel an idiot.

I know its only a minor thing but when I spend just short of £30 on a changing mat I dont expect parts to be missing. I want to take it back to complain but im not a very confident person any way when it comes to complaining especially after the way ive been treat each time in store. Buying my pram was the worst experience of my life. The store is 15 miles away from me so i shouldnt have to be bloody driving back and forth all the time. :(

For something so minor would you go back to the store and complain? I haven't taken it out of the wrapping so they cant accuse me of pinching it there service is that rubbish im sure its the kinda thing they would try and do.

x

I would defanatly go back they should check these things when you buy them it's not up to you!

I have a mamas and papas 5 minutes from my house and the staff are great their customer service is brilliant x

I would write an email to head office explaining what an inconvenience it is for you to make the trip back to the store and how you're dissatisfied with the service you received on your recent visit. I'm sure they'll arrange delivery of the missing part if you state your case. Sometimes it pays to state what you would see as an acceptable solution, so you could even include this in your email? Hope you get it sorted. X

It's a shame you've been treated like that, at my local
shop the Staff are always so helpful!! I would defo complain, I mean the staff are dealing with pregnant women aren't they, they should have a bit more tolerance!!x

It's a shame you've been treated like that, at my local
shop the Staff are always so helpful!! I would defo complain, I mean the staff are dealing with pregnant women aren't they, they should have a bit more tolerance!!x

I would deff go back thats expensive!! I went back to mother care just to change a stick on thremometer thing that was £5 lol xx

hay hun, i would write a email too and ask them to send you the missing part! explain your not able to get back there before the baby is born and explain how bad the customer service has been at the store.
xx

I'm really disappointed that your experience with m&p has been so bad. I've never had anything but good service from them.

I must admit that when I recieved the Aimie cotbed package we orderd, the cot top changer was in the brown - not the White like what we ordered. I phoned up, complained and got a replacement 2 days later.

No matter how little confidence you have, you have every right to complain. I'd email their head office and tell them about your bad experience. But I'd also return it back to the store for a refund/replacement!

Hope all goes well! Xx

Thanks for the replies girls. Your all right!! Ive got on my high horse and written an email as their after sales team is closed until 10am tomorrow when im at work. It says they should respond to me within 2 days but i might call after work tomorrow any way.

Its more the fact I dont really have time to go back to store this week. Im at work til 4 every day and then im so bogged down with college work i barely have time to do anything else this week.

xx

I had a terrible experience with the M&P customer service team on the phone today. I phoned to request some replacement parts for my baby furniture (Orchard range so not exactly cheap!) and the woman was so unblievably rude I was crying in the end! Really unhelpful. I am writing to their head office to complain.

Hiya,
That is a shame I would call there call centre and hopefully they will sort it for you. I have ordered everything from m&p its getting delivered on 9 July and like you ive gone for the scrapbook but boys anyways when i placed the order instore i told her everything i wanted paid and checked my invoice when i got home and 4 items were scrapbook girls instead of boys and a nappy bag instead of a baby bath lol. I called up the call centre and they changed it all for me they were really good and they told me about the nurture card dont know if u know about that but for every penny you spend with them up until baby is born they will give you 5% back in a giftcard after baby is here, you just call up to register for it its well worth it if your spending alot in there im gonna be able to buy some outfits when he is born with the 5% back now yay!!
Hope you get it sorted x

I would phone or email and complain if you dont feel confident in going back?

Hiya. I collected the Scrapbook girl changing mat yesterday and the detachable toy was missing too. I can't understand as the plastic is sealed so it couldn't fall out. Why aren't the orders checked before they are given. It makes me feel exactly the same so your not on your own! Let me know how you get on!
Kelly

This is the email I got back from them

Dear Mrs B

Thank you for your recent email. I was surprised to learn that after visiting our Stockton store, you felt that the service you received was not of an appropriate standard.

Please be assured that we instruct and expect our sales assistants to not only have excellent product knowledge, but to treat our valued customers with the respect, courtesy and consideration they expect and deserve. Clearly, in this instance, this level of service has not been forthcoming and on behalf of Mamas & Papas I would like to apologise to you most sincerely.

I will be forwarding a copy of your e mail to the store manager, who and I can assure you we will endeavour to identify the individual concerned and provide further training to ensure that in future the service levels upon which we pride ourselves are upheld.

After looking in to your query further I can confirm that this season changing mats are not being retailed with a detachable rattle. The web page has been updated to this affect. I have ordered you a scrapbook boy chime toy as a gesture of good will.

Once again Mrs B , please accept my most sincere apologies for the upset this matter has caused you.

Well M&P, thanks for your good will gesture but as stated I was missing the girls charm toy!! :dohh:

Wether or not they have changed the packaging certainly dosent reflect this even if they have now changed their website. The packaging also shows £28 yet I paid £29.70 I think it was off top of my head which was the price on the website too.

I did contact them again and they are now sending me the girls toy instead of the boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->