A little tale to give you all some hope

AliGirl

Reaction score
So, my af this month was due last Friday - 5th August. Thursday morning, I got up and went to the toilet - a few brown spots - always the way my af starts, with a few brown spots the day before. I told DH that af had arrived, and we were both a little disappointed as we had been on holiday this month when I o'd, so we'd been totally chilled out and we had done loads of :sex: without the usual challenges of DH working late, being too tired etc etc.

Next day, I had a little more spotting, but the usual full flow of af did not appear. Didn't really think much of it, and DH and I went out that evening for dinner, and I had several large glasses of :wine: safe in the knowledge that af was on her way.

Saturday - still no flow. I mentioned it to DH that it was a bit strange. He said - why don't you take a pregnancy test. I said - don't be ridiculous, I'm clearly not pregnant, af is on its way. I was more concerned that there was something wrong with my periods - even wondered if I had started the menopause!! Anyway, when we went out on Saturday afternoon, I did pick up a test. I was really reluctant to use it, as I knew it would be negative, and there is nothing more soul destroying than seeing that 'not pregnant' sign on the test.

Finally, Sunday morning came round - af had completely disappeared. I took a test....what do you know - only a :bfp:!! I honestly couldn't believe it. I was so convinced that af had arrived this month - a total shock. I can only think that the brown spotting was either implantation bleeding or a bit of breakthrough bleeding. It's completely stopped now.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I did want to share, as I've heard so many times that 'it's not over until af appears' - and that is so totally true. I thought it might give a little hope to you all.

I'm very pleased, but not getting over excited, as my last pregnancy ended in m/c at 10 weeks, so I'm being very very cautious, and we've not told a soul - apart from all you guys on here now!!

Good luck to all. xx :kiss::kiss:

Congratulations to you guys! Wishing you a sticky one!

Congratulations and wishing you a H&H nine months

CONGRATULATIONS - fingers xd for a happy and healthy pregnancy:hugs:

Awesome story! I always get implantation bleeding with my pregnancies so at this point. Know that spotting at doesn't turn into af is a pregnancy for me. I am super happy for you and wish you a very healthy pregnancy!

congrats a happy and healthy nine months

ali i am truly so happy for you. did your heart start to pound when you saw that positive? before i got pregnant i thought i would scream the place down if i ever got a bfp. when it happened i was so shocked i was speechless. i also had implant bleeding and thought it was af. i didnt test for 6 weeks as i have super irregular periods and didnt think anything of it when af didnt turn up properly. anyway i wish you a very healthy and very happy 9 months. you will have a great time preparing for your little bundle and most of all enjoy your wonderful experience. best of luck x

Thanks for sharing your story, it is so nice to hear how others get BFPs, it gives us some hope:flow:

All the best luck for you and keep in toch sharing the good news :flower:

Congrats to you! spread that baby dust this away please!

Congrats. What a lovely story. Can I just ask if u felt any pms before ur bfp at all? I hbe had some brown spotting on day 20 of my cycle, now on day 24 and feeling very pms. Not hopeful but u never know I guess xxx

Aligirl! That is AWESOME news :) Congrats !!!

Congrats.
What a lovely story. Can I just ask if u felt any pms before ur bfp at all?
I hbe had some brown spotting on day 20 of my cycle, now on day 24 and feeling very pms. Not hopeful but u never know I guess xxx

No, I didn't really have any symptoms at all - either af or pregnancy symptoms. I found that since I had my m/c in April, I wasn't really getting any af symptoms at all each month. It added to the shock!!

I think the brown spotting is a good sign. Fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

This is a lovely story . Given me hope, I'm 37 have a beautiful 5 year old, tried for another to only miscarry on Monday at 11 weeks which was an awful experience :cry:...your post has given me a bit of hope....thank you and congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->