A little TMI, but I want feedback..

beth30

2 Rainbow Boys and Preggo
Reaction score
My second MC has me a little on edge. I think of it all the time because my other two were not like the second one. Here goes the TMI: During the second MC, I knew something was wrong all along... I was 8 wks when I started passing everything. At the ultrasound that day, they told me I had a Blighted Ovum with a little bit of blood in my uterus... I passed the sac that evening. But remained in severe pain more than likely contractions even though it was so early (never hurt like this with the others). I tried to go on the next day with normal activity...my dad was helping me do some yard work, and I couldn't bare to stand up...so I was just kind of watching my son play..and all of the sudden something gushed out, I assumed it was a clot, but when I went to the bathroom, it was a little tiny baby... looked about 5 1/2 wks in size (compared with online information & my first MC) I wanted to share this with anyone who'd listen, and I also wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. I don't understand how the sac and baby got separated, and how the US technician, mistook a baby for blood?? So feedback please?

Beth first of all I'm so sorry for your loss. Some mc's affect us in ways the others didn't My miscarriage with my 2nd twin is the one that is always with me. I knew something wasn't right from 12 weeks and at my scan (14 weeks) the placenta had came away from the wall and my baby was ready to be born. I was having contractions and dilated a few cms but not enough to deliver. I was given an injection to get me fully dilated and then with the help of a lovely doctor and my midwife, I gave birth to my precious one. I didn't see them as they were taken away immediately and attention was on me as I was in a lot of pain (but emotional and physical). My OH seen our angel being born and he said it was a perfect little baby that could easily be held in his hand. It has scarred us both more so than any of the others.

There is a positive side to this though it may not seem it. We got to say goodbye to our little one and they got cremated with many other little angels. Normally, with early miscarriages you are robbed from that and I have learned to see it as a positive. Our little precious angels may not have been allowed to stay with us because there is something bigger and better for them to achieve. We got to say goodbye to them whereas many parents don't.

We got offered conselling but didn't take it as we relied on each other to get through it. I would suggest that you speak to someone about it. The pain will never go away but you will learn to how to control it and live with the memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->