A little worried... 18 weeks

Hope83

Me, DH, DS & DD :)
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I'm just over 18 weeks with baby #3 and haven't felt movement yet. Well I'm pretty sure I felt some random movements at 15/16 weeks and did even see my stomach move at one point but I haven't felt anything lately. Now I know it's early, the placenta could be in the way, etc. But I can't help but starting to get worried that something might be wrong with the little one.
I don't wanna call the midwife and bother her with my worries, I have my ultrasound coming up this Friday and am praying that everything will be fine.
I guess my post doesn't make much sense but could someone reassure me that it's okay not to fee anything at 18 weeks...?!
TIA :baby:

Yep, me! I had pretty much nothing yet at 18 weeks despite feeling quite early flutters. I knew that my placenta is (was?) anterior but it still worried me. Now, at nearly 21 weeks, I'm finally starting to feel movements every day. I had a few weeks where I'd get a kick or two every seasons or third day and they've only been daily for the last 4-5 days. This is my third as well and I felt movements much earlier with both others. So please don't worry! I know it's tough but you'll have reassurance on Friday and then hopefully start to feel baby soon. Hang in there!

I hope I can reassure you, I'm also expecting my third, I only started feeling movements after 20 weeks, becoming more regular in the last week, the placenta wasn't even in the way (posterior) like you I was very anxious that I wasn't feeling movements from 18 weeks as that's when I felt movements with my other 2, I just think now baby was in an awkward position which meant I didn't feel anything until later on.

Hope your scan goes well x

Im 18 weeks and not felt much, the most movement I felt was a week or so ago after I drank an extremely cold smoothie and there was some fluttering for a couple of minutes after I finished it

I have only just started to feel regular definite movements at 29 weeks. But baby is always nice and active at scans. Don't worry :)

I'm nearly 20 weeks with #2 and still don't feel much movement. I had very early flutters but not much since. I do have an anterior placenta as well

This is my 2nd and I haven't felt much yet either. The past couple of days here and there I felt some but I it could've been gas haha. If I remember correctly, I clearly felt flutters/movement with my first by 16 weeks. I actually expected to feel something earlier with this one since they say it happens earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I am fairly thin too so its a little odd, but I saw the baby move lots during the 13/14 week scan and I have another scan coming up next week. I heard that many babies like to sleep during the day and will move around at night when you are asleep so youre less likely to feel. Hopefully thats not the case because I dont want a night owl!!

I didn't feel any movement until 20 weeks and it just felt like a little poke, almost like a gas bubble. Now at 24 weeks, I feel the baby numerous times a day and we can see the belly moving from the outside even with clothes on!

Thank you all lovely ladies for sharing your experiences! I don't know why I'm all of the sudden turning into a worry wart as I've been quite relaxed up until now!
The Friday scan can't comes fast enough! I barely slept last night because I was so worried :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->