A little worried

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Reading Toria's thread about speaking got me thinking about Decs speech, I am not asking weather his speech is right or wrong because I know from experience all kids speak when they want, Dan was a delayed speaker and had to have therapy, what I am asking is does this sound normal.
Dec has been quite verbal for some time, he was repeating words at 10 months, didnt know what he was saying just repeating, he does have a long list of words he can say now, but what I want to know is, is it normal for toddlers of this age to regress?? he seems to just babble now and if you ask him to repeat something he wont, he does say words like mum, daddy, daniel, whats that, bad boy and such, he can assoicate (sp) words with things like if I say get the book, ball, car ect he will and if I say where is your nose, feet, eye and ear he will point to them, so he does understand, but is it okay for him to regress in speech or should I maybe see his HV, he does have his 15 month review at the end of Jan. would it be okay for me to wait till then ?? Sorry about all the questions but because of Dan I would like to get him on the waiting list for therapy (if he needs) sooner rather than later.
Thanks ladies xx

Hun I would say he sounds fine to me :) Katie had her 15 month check the other day and the hv just asked if she could say mama, dada, baba plus a few other words. Katie can say quite a few now and is saying whats that & different little phrases but I don't think she would be saying more than Dec:shrug:

I'd say if you're worried though, ring your hv in the morning and see if she thinks whether it can wait or not :hugs:

Sorry if my thread sparked this! :( I'm sure he's fine

I am sorry hun I dont want you to feel bad, I have had worries about his speech since he turned one, your thread just made me think a little bit more.

Oh and your avi is super cute :cloud9:

Thank you!

Maybe it's worth speaking to someone? They thought my niece was really slow, she was 3 and couldn't speak properly but she had a cleft palet or however you spell it underneith her lip. They get it wrong, and if you're not convinced, get a second opinion. Not saying it's that BTW it's probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->