• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

a name for your baby - have you thought of it already?

My DH refuses to talk about baby names till we find out the gender...

Mine too, at first... But I insisted and he surrendered ) we started with boy names and it was indeed a waste of time. So, probably, your DH is quite right...

...We went through two baby name books, a baby name website, and some baby name application he found on his ipod. :haha:

You are so patient! :winkwink: I failed to read to the end those long lists... though I tried many times - they are too featureless. I need some associations ) wikipedia did not help either :dohh:

We just call it 'baby' at the moment which is confusing since we call each other baby too!!

I really like Isabelle grace or Isabelle mia for a girl

For boys we keep coming back to James but I am not too attached to it

Still TTC#1, but we're hoping for a boy to name Gabriel Taylor!

Right now we just refer to the baby as baby. We haven't talked much about names though. I feel me and OH have very different tastes in names so I can't imagine it will be an easy decision, especially when it comes to a boy name.

My man seems set on it being a girl (although I've always wanted a son, haha) and we quite like the name Christabel which means, "beautiful Christian" and purity. He's always saying, "Kiss Belle for me!" I'm just glad we aren't too disagreeing about the girl name. The middle name will be a challenge, though. As far as a boy, that's already set with it being named after his dad, Christopher Clark.

Poppy Elizabeth for a girl, really don't know for a boy! Possibly Toby?

Oh and we call baby pops, from when he/she was poppy seed sized :)

We have a boy name picked out, just a first name. For a girl, we don't have a name, but I would like to have the middle name AnnMarie, or MaryAnne. We still have a long time though.

DH is decidedly unhelpful with baby names. He vetoes names I love but won't give me suggestions to replace them with. Just shrugs when I ask and says we still have plenty of time. Then he likes certain names one day and hates them the next and vice versa. :dohh: We don't find out the sex til mid October so I finally told him I'd let him have a reprieve til then. But! Once we know he'd better have some more helpful opinions.

We called DS peanut throughout our pregnancy with him, this time it's either just baby or our little bean! Might develop a name once we've had our scan and it all seems more real. In terms of actual names we like Jake for a boy and Emily for a girl but they're not set in stone at all. We said we'd find out the sex at 20 weeks then think more seriously about names. We have both had names we love but haven't agreed on, i'd have loved Nathan for a boy and DH loves Francesca or Jessica for a girl but I'm not keen. We both just like names we like, we're not fussed how popular or rare etc, if we like it, we like it :)

Our baby is called "Bubba" currently and we refer to it as "he/him" one week and "she/her" the next.

We have decided on Leah Amaris if we have a little princess and Caleb Rogan if we end up with a little boy. DH prefers Rogan over Caleb, but I'm not giving him a choice in the matter as this is the same man who thinks that "Lion" will make a good first name :dohh:

With our second we took a list of names we both liked (even if the other didn't) in the hospital bag and the baby seemed to name himself, we just chose the one that most suited him.

... I feel me and OH have very different tastes in names so I can't imagine it will be an easy decision, especially when it comes to a boy name.

If you cannot come to an agreement then share responsibilities before finding out the gender as we did. In this case only one of you will have the last word, the other will have to support... no quarrels, no offenses :winkwink:

My man seems set on it being a girl (although I've always wanted a son, haha) ...

Oh! Just like we... exactly the same situation!! :)
At the scan to determine the gender, the Dr. asked who wants who... and I said "a boy" while my hubby - "a girl" ))) The Dr. said that daddy suspected right - it would be a girl :baby:

DH is decidedly unhelpful with baby names. He vetoes names I love but won't give me suggestions to replace them with. Just shrugs when I ask and says we still have plenty of time. Then he likes certain names one day and hates them the next and vice versa. :dohh: We don't find out the sex til mid October so I finally told him I'd let him have a reprieve til then. But! Once we know he'd better have some more helpful opinions.

It seems that all men or most of them behave the same way... :winkwink:
Great idea regarding the reprieve! :thumbup:

Ours will be India Grace if it's a girl and possibly Samuel Lawrence if a boy but we haven't settled on a boys name yet.

And Elizabeth is a great name ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->