a name for your baby - have you thought of it already?

SophiaEli

Mummy to Elizabeth <3
Reaction score
How do you/your hubby address the baby? Do you talk to him/her?

And when did you decide how to name the baby?

I am not that decisive... and it is always hard for me to take a firm decision and choose from a few options! Though we had an agreement that it is up to me to pick out a girl name (if a boy then it would be my DH's responsibility).

I wish we could just agree on a name but it seems to be a real challenge...ugh

I just feel that OH has horrible taste in names. He keep coming up with very common names (which i told him i didn't want), like Nikki, Brintey, and Joey.

I thought we had agreed on Mia (for a girl) but now he starting names all over :dohh:

I think this will be a long process for us lol

I do feel, that there are soo many great girl names but I can't find any boy names I like :shrug:

We've had fun calling the baby what ever fruit size it is so like last night oh was saying bye bye my raspberry when we wake up tomorrow you'll be my little olive. It's cute and it's a fun way to get excited about making it another week.

We decided on Kellian Amelia Julene C if it's a girl

And Brallan Michael C if it's a boy

I have always loved Kellian, my grandmother has always wanted a grandbaby amelia, and my grandmothers first name and sisters middle name are june that's where the ju comes from and my other grandmother and my mother's middle names are darlene that's where the lene of julene comes from

Brallan Is all the babies important male figures wraped into one. My Oh's name is Brian Br, My husbands middle name is allen all, and my father's middle name is alan an. So put it all together and you get Brallan. And than Michael is Oh's middle name and I just love the sound of it.

...He keep coming up with very common names (which i told him i didn't want), ...

Yeh... exactly the same! My hubby has not yet offered anything I would really like and he does not like my suggestions either!
And YES we did agree on a boy name ))) but we are expecting a girl :dohh: :shrug:

We are also incredibly indecisive. I think it took us all of 5 minutes to decide on names, though! Our baby is due on St. Patrick's day and we both have Irish heritage. We chose Lilliana Aislinn for a girl and Carrick Rylan for a boy. My husband still refers to the baby as the fetus. :haha:

We've had fun calling the baby what ever fruit size it is so like last night oh was saying bye bye my raspberry when we wake up tomorrow you'll be my little olive. It's cute and it's a fun way to get excited about making it another week.

So cute...! :hugs:

We decided on Kellian Amelia Julene C if it's a girl

And Brallan Michael C if it's a boy

Great choice! And, what is more important, they have so much meaning for you... I wish I could invent something similar...

How do you/your hubby address the baby? Do you talk to him/her?

And when did you decide how to name the baby?

I am not that decisive... and it is always hard for me to take a firm decision and choose from a few options! Though we had an agreement that it is up to me to pick out a girl name (if a boy then it would be my DH's responsibility).

We don't know the gender but we call the baby by a nickname we gave him/her as soon as we found out we were pregnant. We do refer to the baby as he and she randomly. We talk to the baby all the time. I also sing to the baby.

We knew the boys name before we were pregnant. We had already talked about it. We came up with the girls name a week or so before I went in for a full body gender scan (in case hubby changed his mind and wanted to find out but I wasn't going to).

However I have family members who didn't have a name until the baby was born and it all worked out for them in the end.

Hubs and I are starting to pick out names - but the baby's called "baby" at the minute! :D

We are weirdly on exactly the same page about names we like. I always seem to flit about in my tastes for names (Irish ones then modern ones etc). And now I seem to have fallen in love with real English classics. I'm worried that our children will be a few years old and I'll still get tired of their names! :dohh:

.. We chose Lilliana Aislinn for a girl and Carrick Rylan for a boy.

Are you sure it is a final decision? ;-) what about "we looked at a newborn baby and he is definitely not a Peter/Mike etc etc..."? )))

... My husband still refers to the baby as the fetus. :haha:

:haha: Men are so not inventive and boring sometimes!

For a boy, Hunter.

For a girl, Ava.

I wonder what the DH will think when I tell him "we" already have decided on names. :winkwink: :haha:

...He keep coming up with very common names (which i told him i didn't want), ...

Yeh... exactly the same! My hubby has not yet offered anything I would really like and he does not like my suggestions either!
And YES we did agree on a boy name ))) but we are expecting a girl :dohh: :shrug:

So that should be easy because you get to pick right :thumbup:

My DH refuses to talk about baby names till we find out the gender...

We don't know the gender but we call the baby by a nickname we gave him/her as soon as we found out we were pregnant. We do refer to the baby as he and she randomly. We talk to the baby all the time. I also sing to the baby.

We had been using a diminutive form of my hubby's name before we were said it would be a girl :) My intuition deceived me...

...However I have family members who didn't have a name until the baby was born and it all worked out for them in the end.

Was it a brainstorm after the delivery or just like "he/she looked like as a Jane/Mishel/Kate etc etc"? )))
Do you believe that one can decide what name suits her baby just after the first glance?

At the minute it's just whatever fruit we are on!

And actual name wise
Boy = Alex William Martin J (middle names after our dads)
Girl = Aubrey Elizabeth J

My aunt and uncle have a 4 week old baby with no name!

.. We chose Lilliana Aislinn for a girl and Carrick Rylan for a boy.

Are you sure it is a final decision? ;-) what about "we looked at a newborn baby and he is definitely not a Peter/Mike etc etc..."? )))

... My husband still refers to the baby as the fetus. :haha:

:haha: Men are so not inventive and boring sometimes!

Oh, yes! They are set in stone! Ha ha. We both work with kids every day with disabilities, so for most names we associate it with somebody else's child or a problematic behavior. :wacko: If the name doesn't fit the baby after birth then too bad! :haha:

...However I have family members who didn't have a name until the baby was born and it all worked out for them in the end.

Was it a brainstorm after the delivery or just like "he/she looked like as a Jane/Mishel/Kate etc etc"? )))
Do you believe that one can decide what name suits her baby just after the first glance?

One was a brain storm the other was she looks like a ...

I am a planner but I think you "can know" typically thought I say you have a few ideas but when you see the baby you just know he or she is this name.

The girls name took us awhile but glad we came to one we both liked. We went through two baby name books, a baby name website, and some baby name application he found on his ipod. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->