A newborn Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToughhGal

Expecting A Miracle
Reaction score
My LO will be just a touch over two months come Christmas!

What are your plans ladies with newborns? Present or nah?

Would love to hear ideas. I am definitely pumped to get her stuff :haha:

My LO was 3 months last Christmas and we got him some presents. A couple of small toys and clothes he needed anyway. Our morning was lovely partly because my husband and I got to open all his gifts from family.

Absolutely yes, my godson will be a touch over 4 weeks old and is most defo getting treated this christmas hehe. I've got some sibling/welcoming presents for our baby which I could use as Christmas pressies if he's 6 days + early :) on both accounts have kept it cheap thoughnothing grand x

Hayden was just a couple of months old for his first Christmas and we got him a few toys, plus a keepsake pewter money box engraved with his name and date of birth. We then started the tradition of putting any coins from the year of his birth into his money box. We got one for Zoe for her first Christmas and did the same, too.

My son will be 9wks. I am getting him a few bits but that's more for DS1 who will wonder why Father Christmas forgot his brother if we didnt! I plan to get him an activity mat, some board books for his stocking, Christmas pjs and I've ordered him a personalised dressing gown. We find it doubly difficult because we have so much from our first son that buying stuff feels unnecessary. For first children I'd suggest buying toys for age 6-12 mths that you can put away to bring out through the course of the year.

Ds1 was 3 months his first christmas and we bought him a few presents. We bought toys that were 6months plus so we bought them out over the year as he developed.

My son was 3 weeks his first Christmas and it was fine and business as usual.
Last year my baby was born on the 23 dec and I honestly don't remember any of it really. I was still exhausted from the birth as it was at night on 23rd when she was born. I do remember she pretty much slept through the entire day so I ate my dinner in peace lol

Youll be fine with a 2m old!

& yes they got presents even at 2 days lol

My son will be 9wks. I am getting him a few bits but that's more for DS1 who will wonder why Father Christmas forgot his brother if we didnt! I plan to get him an activity mat, some board books for his stocking, Christmas pjs and I've ordered him a personalised dressing gown. We find it doubly difficult because we have so much from our first son that buying stuff feels unnecessary. For first children I'd suggest buying toys for age 6-12 mths that you can put away to bring out through the course of the year.

Exactly this! DS has a sack of toys but it's mostly for DD's benefit. I've also got him a first Xmas teddy and bauble :)

I have a nephew who's due 12 days before Christmas and we've bought him some presents and I know others have too!

My friends lo will be about 10 weeks and she's bought him a few bits for as he gets older, I know she's got him Tim the mamas and papas snug, fisher price laugh and learn puppy and some lamaze toys.

My youngest was 6 days old on her first christmas 2 yrs ago, i got her some soft toys, and some things she can have at 6 mths etc, my first born was 2 mths old and we did the same with him.

My daughter was born two weeks before Xmas 2012 (she turns 2 a week tomorrow!). I don't think we got her any Christmas presents, but other people did.
It was a different Christmas that year! We still went to our usual Christmas Eve carol service, but left early for LO's benefit. I don't remember much of Christmas day, to be honest. I think I was still in the new mum haze!

Think some of us have LOs with almost identical birthdays - my girl was 8 days old in 2012. I can't even remember that Christmas!

My LO was 10 days old on his first Christmas and got some things bigger size in clothes and older toys

my youngest was 3m old. i did get him presents, he slept through the present opening haha!

My oldest at his first Christmas was only 3.5 months.. He got stuff like clothes and then a crib mobile and a toy or two for when he was over 1.

My little girl is just a week older than yours :D I've bought her a few presents so far but nowhere near as many as I've bought for my four year old. Obviously, big sister will be opening them for her :haha:

I've gone for presents that she can gradually use/play with/enjoy starting from Christmas and going throughout 2015, so some she won't use straight away but they are there waiting for her when she reaches the appropriate ages. Most are from 3 months+ to 9 months+. So far I've bought her:

Pop-Up V-tech Surprise Ball
A wooden animal puzzle
First Building Blocks
Chicco Soft Ball
Plush Elephant Squeaker
Tomy Push Along Toy
Loads of cute little outfits

Also on my list for her:

A Sit Me Up Cosy
Some bath toys
A few rattles/teething toys

:flower: xx

My little girl is just a week older than yours :D I've bought her a few presents so far but nowhere near as many as I've bought for my four year old. Obviously, big sister will be opening them for her :haha:

I've gone for presents that she can gradually use/play with/enjoy starting from Christmas and going throughout 2015, so some she won't use straight away but they are there waiting for her when she reaches the appropriate ages. Most are from 3 months+ to 9 months+. So far I've bought her:

Pop-Up V-tech Surprise Ball
A wooden animal puzzle
First Building Blocks
Chicco Soft Ball
Plush Elephant Squeaker
Tomy Push Along Toy
Loads of cute little outfits

Also on my list for her:

A Sit Me Up Cosy
Some bath toys
A few rattles/teething toys

:flower: xx

Oh wow! Thanks for some ideas! I am having a hard time choosing. I knew I wanted rattles and teethers for her stocking though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"