A positive birth story!!!

ladyinpink

Reaction score
Hi all, I remember while pregnant reading birth storiesd on here and getting extremely nervous so thought I would share mine as it was actually very easy!

I went into labour at 40 + 7 I went into the midwives to have a sweep and book my induction when she told me I had already started dilating and was in labour! I hadnt actually noticed!

I went into hospital that night as something didnt feel right (it turned out bubba had turned and was facing down and so putting alot of pressure on my pelvis) at 3 am I was 2cm dilated and getting myself prepared for a long wait as the doc said where baby had turned it would be a very long labour.

By the morning I was hurting a little more and so asked for some paracetomel the doc decided to check me out and to everyones surprise I was 6cm dilated and in full swing of labour, up to this point I had used az tens machine and normal pain killers.

The morning went quite quickly with contractions every 5 mins, they were uncomfortable but not unbearable, I had a go on the gas and air which I quite enjoyed as it just took the edge off but you could still feel everything that was going on and get up to walk about etc. (wouldnt advise a birthing ball unless youve practiced ended up stuck on my back on the floor like a tortois).

By 3pm I was tucking into a sticky toffee pudding when the nurse told me I was 9cm dilated :) It got very exciting then as 5 mins later my waters broke naturally and then at 3:17pm Leon entered the world, I was pushing for a total of 4mins! Leon came out with his cord round his neck which was scary but they cut it off so quick and gave him a quick rub and he let out a reassuring cry, the best noise in the whole world as you know he was breathing.

Afterwards the midwife told me that if the baby wasnt the wrong way round and the cord not tangled up chances are I wouldnt of made it to the hospital as it would have been 1/4 of the time.

So in summary my labour lasted 12 hours with 4 mins of pushing and I only had gas and air as pain relief, I wasnt in alot of pain and honestly could do it again and wouldnt be scared.

I understand all labours are different but all you tend to see are bad labours so wanted to share a positive account to new mums who are worried.

Hope my account helps ease those nerves. Good luck with your birth x

wow a nicer sounding birth story..
Congratulations i hope mine is like yours

Sounds like you had a good experience hun, the way labour should be :hugs:
Congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member