A Positive Induction Story :)

K12B

Mummy of 2 wonderful girls ❤️
Reaction score
Hello Ladies :)

I am soooo excited to announce the birth of my beautiful baby girl, Sophie!! 16/12/10 at 7.51am :happydance:

I wanted to post my birth story, as I was induced, and beforehand had read a lot of negative stories, which had made me very nervous. I can honestly say they are not ALL bad....I wouldn't change a single thing about my labour. So...please do not worry if you are in the same situation.

I was induced at 37+5 due to OC. Went in at 4pm, and was given the pessary (Internals are not in any way comfortable, but not half as bad as I had imagined!). They told me this was purely to lower my cervix and that nothing would happen for 24hours, when they would break my waters, give me an epi, and put me on the drip at 4pm the next day.

So, we settled down for the night!....sort of? LOL

I had back ache as soon as the pessary was inserted, so we went for a walk and got something to eat. Then headed back to our room, where I was given some paracetamol. By 10pm the back ache was constant, just like really strong period pain, but not in any way unbearable...so we went for ANOTHER walk.

After this walk, I was feeling a lot of pressure, and had started to find walking very uncomfortable. We went back to the DU where I asked to be examined. They refused, as 'nothing could possibly be happening'!!! (My advice- If you feel you need to be examined, you need to jump up and down and make them do it, don't let them fob you off!!).

So, we watched TV and paced around the DU until about 3.30am. I was starting to get quite uncomfortable now, the pains in my back were coming and going quite regularly (but I convinced myself these weren't contractions, because I has no pain in my tummy- how wrong was I?). A rather grumpy midwife came in and gave me some more paracetamol, and told me to try a bath. The bath was brilliant....and when I got out, I lost a teeny tiny bit of show.

Not much changed really until about 4.45am, when I suddenly started to feel very uncomfortable. Enough so that my terrified looking OH went to the nurses station and practically dragged the midwife in!! LOL

My contractions really kicked off after this, and oooooo they do hurt LOL but they are 100% worth it! I was given some pethadine and examined and they said I was 7cm!! After this, it all went very quickly and my baby girl entered the world at 7.51am via ventouse (as her hb had begun to drop) weighing 6lb exactly :)

So much for 'nothing will happen for 24 hours' :haha: Thank you for reading this....if you made it this far!!....and if you are due to be induced and nervous....PLEASE don't be :) xxx

glad to hear labour went well :flower: congrats on your little girl

Thanks for the positive inductio story as it is likely that I will be induced.

Congratulations on the birth of Sophie xx

Lovely story thanks for sharing some positive vibes :flower:

WHat no photos ? :wacko::haha:

congrats!! ur birth story is very similar to how mines went! i was also scheduled for an induction.was given pessary and told to settle for the night! ended up having pains quickly but was told it wasnt labour pains! i eventually got examined at 1am and gave birth to my baby girl at 3.33 am! not all inductions are bad! enjoy every moment with ur baby x x

Congrats!
Same thing happened me. I was told they weren't real labour pains after pessary and that i would need a 2nd one 24 hours later. Shows what they know, Rocco was born about 8 hours later.

Hello congratulations on the birth of your baby :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you so much for writing a positive induction story. I am going in on Thursday to be induced due to OC. I am so worried :cry: This will be my 4th baby and i have never felt so nervous or scared about giving birth. I have never been induced and everyone has a horror story to tell :dohh:

Thanks again for making me feel a little better :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you everyone =]

Hope that I could help, even just a little, to reassure those of you due to be induced! Good Luck!

Will try and work out how to get some pics on here now.....xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"