A present you don't want to get

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Ds1 has recently been asking for a present he's seen advertised that I don't feel comfortable giving him. Im not sure what it's called but it's a skull which projects ghost holograms which you shoot. I've started talking to him that x mas is coming up and every time I do he asks for it. Any advice?

I'm mean, I just tell him he's not getting it if I don't like it :lol:
I say Father Christmas wouldn't gift him something that's not suitable, which is why he never brought a cosy coupe that wouldn't have fit in our tiny house/garden, or bloody GTA which his friends at school play.

I saw the advert for this! Very creepy and strange, it's not something I would buy personally!

Is it a Halloween toy? Maybe tell him that. Sounds awful anyway but I wouldn't get it either.

That sounds really creepy, I'd hate it if my DS asked for it but I'd totally want it for myself :haha:. I think the "Father Christmas wouldn't get you that" advice is good- the big man gets loads of credit, he should take the blame for stuff too :haha:.

My kids have asked for some awful toys this year, gooey louey and doggy do do.....great, bogeys and poo lol x

I just say that they can ask him for it but it doesnt mean they will get it, they just have to wait and see. Oh and that they don't get everything they ask for xx

I'm sure they'll be so excited by the presents they have got come Christmas Day they might even forget it

Thank you, I guess I'm kinda hoping he will just forget but he keeps bringing it up!
Maybe it's just advertised for Halloween? Either that or I'll stick with Netflix from now on ;)

My daughter has asked for doggy doo 2 years in a row now, nope no never lol

I would definitely put my foot down about doggy do doo

I'd explain that it's not something that Santa would bring a child :) Good enough reason to me :thumbup: but now I'm curious and want to check it out :haha:

I'm sure my nephew had this the kids loved it they played for hours on xmas.

my lo wants 'zombie blast' i don't really mind stuff like that as my lo doesnt scare easy but i have put my foot down with doggie doo and gooie louie. yuck!

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/pdp/product.jsp?productId=TRUP2046220001

I tell them the elves only make so many of each toy and if they run out before they get to your house then they give you a surprise that they know you will like instead. I also say he won't bring anything that isn't suitable for their age or ability or that they wouldn't need because they already have one or have no use for it etc which is why Ds1 didn't get an iPhone when he was 7!
Depending on what it is and the price and how much they want it I may go against my better judgement (we got gooey louie the other year) but then I have my BIL who says to me "oh you are going to 'love' what I've bought " all sarcastically and is doggy doo, something I specifically said no to. Grrr

I wouldnt have bought this but my sin was given it by a friend and to be fair its really fun. The skeleton projects little images of cartoon ghosts on the wall which they have to zap with a laser. DS enjoys playing it x

I always do the you might not get all you ask for line. My son puts nerf gun every year but he does not need anymore!!

My eldest daughter did say this one year though - I didn't order this, its not on my list!!!!!

I tell my DDs that what Santa gets them has to be approved by mom and dad. He also is not able to make everything and being that they only get one gift plus a stocking from him everything on their list isn't received anyway.

You could tell him it's a Halloween toy and Santa's wouldn't let his elves make them because it would scare them or something like that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->