A present you don't want to get

My DS1 keeps asking for a remote control tarantula!! It's all he's going on about but I've finished the kids, and I looked and it's disgusting :blush: gah!

If they ask for something I am not planning to get them, I just tell them that Santa will decide what toys he thinks are best for them, and they don't always get everything they ask for because Santa has lots and lots of kids to give gifts to, so he has to divide presents among everyone. My kids are always so thrilled with their gifts that I don't think they even notice if they happened to not get something they asked for a month earlier.

I actually think that ghost projector thing sounds fun, but not sure what age range its targeted for. I'd probably have fun playing it, lol.

I say that they don't get everything on their list, and they can save up their pocket money. Luckily Connor's 4 so forgets about things he's seen after a few weeks :haha:

My eldest has asked for two things specifically, a titanic model (yeah lol)
and some crappy vtech phone... which he thinks can send texts etc. Vtech digigo i think it is called. Clearly supposed to be for 5 year olds. It is all over the tv atm though, but he is nearly 8 and i think it looks rubbish lol. I'll just get the titanic model haha

I just say I've already spoke to Santa on the phone and hes got none left (Ive got a direct dial to Santa daily yknow)

My son literally asks for something different every day! I just say will have to wait and see what you get

Is it that ghost hunt game? My son has that, I got it two years ago for his 7th birthday he really wanted it but hardly ever played with it anyway lol

But if you don't want to get it I would just make sure he knows to tell you lots of things he wants and that he won't get everything, I always get my kids to tell me loads anyway because I don't want them to know what I am getting

Riley wants drums... he can get lost! Pahaha. I'll likely just distract him with a different gift x

Ds3 wants one of those robot dinosaur things that you apparently have to use a phone or tablet to control. They are quite expensive for something that I'm pretty sure he will lose interest in after a couple of weeks.

My son really wants discontinued team umizoomi toys! They're hundreds of pounds now so I told him the elves don't make those any more but they're making lots of other things he's going to love

I said no to doggy do all last year, but then secretly bought it, wrapped it, and 'our elf' left it as a cheeky parting gift. I acted all miffed that he'd bought it even though id said no, the kids loved it. That was priceless :)

My eldest really wants a baby potty she has seen. It's £20 and big so I don't really want to get it. That said she has mentioned it so much I. Any suggest it to MIL as she always asks me what to get.

My answer to anything H asks for is "oh lovely, how about we pop that on your list for Santa and wait and see" lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->