A Prison Diary

Thank you for sharing all that. It's very well written and would make a very good book. I'd certainly love to read the rest of it,

I can only agree with everyone else. Thank you, and your oh so much for sharing this. I found it very interesting to read, and would make a brilliant book. I found it fascinating and didn't stop reading until I had read every post

Ah this was so interesting! Gutted when I got to the last entry. Do you mind me asking, did your OH get to go on that 7pm-7am home curfew in the end? I'm rubbish at cliffhangers. Sorry if I'm being too nosy though :flower:
Yes he was released on HDC on Monday 23rd July 2007 - 2 days late but they don't release anyone on a weekend!!

There's an interesting story about his last night that I will try and find.. He did write something about it.. And I'll add it. It's slightly darker than most entries..

As for the curfew time. This was agrees with probation to be 9pm to 7am as he was able to get back to his job immediately on release (barring a driving licence of course!!!) and argued successfully that it may be difficult for him to return home by 7pm every night and it was better that he was gainfully employed.

He eventually got a more office based job, after the end of his 12 month sentence (and links with probation), in a small company that when the owner was going for knee surgery he would be the only one who would be able to keep business going.. But to do so he needed to be able to drive.

He went to the Crown Court on 11th December 2009 and asked for his ban to be lifted early, for no other reason than keeping a business going. The judge he was before was the one who sent him down... And although the court clerk questioned whether they could lift it, the judge said "come back in 20 minutes, I'll find a way to lift it". He passed his re-test in February 2010. :)

How lovely to have a happy ending to his story. And how incredibly brave of him to go back on the road again after such an awful accident. Bet it can't have been easy.

Almost perversely he didn't miss it that much, other than it being frustrating to rely on friends and family.

With all the miles he did previously, and in fact in the year between accident and conviction, the break wasn't as bad as he thought. :)

The happy happy ending to everything that has happened to us both is scheduled to arrive on 28th December, and we put it all behind us and be a family. Can't wait!

Wow. Thanks for letting us read that. I'm glad he had a happy ending and he writes very well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->