A question about Pregnancy Tests

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
So, my question is about the sensitivity, I was wondering, if the sensitivity says like 25miu, does that mean that in order for ANY line to appear, no matter how faint, your HCG level must be above 25? I was just wondering because I got a faint positive on a frer which is like 15-25miu on 9dpo, and on 12dpo I took a boots own and got a line of similar darkness (just a little bit darker) which is 50miu, so does that mean that my numbers must have at least doubled in those 3 days or am I seriously wrong?

Faint lines will show even if it's less then the sensitivity level for the test. Different tests have different amounts of dye and quite often the cheap ones don't show as decent a line as say a frer. If you are looking to check progression your best bet is to use the same brand of test.
When I get a faint line on an ic or dollarstore test I then switch to a frer and use those for progression.

As you can see from my sig at 11dpo my hcg was 132. But really it depends on the person and hcg content in the urine. I've looked at so many tests with hcg levels and the same hcg level in 2 ppl can look totally different on the same brand of test.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 22
Faint lines will show even if it's less then the sensitivity level for the test. Different tests have different amounts of dye and quite often the cheap ones don't show as decent a line as say a frer. If you are looking to check progression your best bet is to use the same brand of test.
When I get a faint line on an ic or dollarstore test I then switch to a frer and use those for progression.

I was planning to use frers for progression however apparently no where within a 30 mile radius stocks them XD which is possibly the most annoying thing ever but there we go, I ordered 15 of the same (good) brand from amazon 10 days ago that still haven't been delivered, much to my despair! I'll wait a few more days and use another boots one, see if the line is any darker I suppose!

within those tests my 9dpo looked like a hybrid of your 9 and 10dpo tests, darker than your 9 but not quite as dark as your 10dpo...

Early days are so stressful! I hope everything works out well.

All a sensitivity of 25 means is that if someone has urine hcg of at least 25 it won't give a false negative result. If it's less than that results may vary.

I only did a couple test overall but the same brand - one on the day after my missed period (at about 6pm) and one the day after that just to double check (at 7am) :) The first test was really dark but the second one way lighter? I had never seen these forums where people test to see how dark lines get over the week etc, I was very much of there is a second line then I'm pregnant! So I didn't think anything of the faint line. And to be honest, I'm glad I didn't as I'd have made myself really worry! The tests came from the same box, so I can only assume there was less dye in the second test or something. Especially as in theory, you should get better results if you do your test first thing in the morning!

Try not to worry too much about the lines, as people have said before, different brands have different results and apparently in my case, the same brand from the same box gave different results!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

Congratulations on your bfp! As the other ladies have said try not worry about line progression, tests are not sophisticated enough for the results to be that accurate and you might be making worry over nothing.

I'm one day behind you OP and I'm worrying about line progression! It's kind of heartening to see ladies saying not to, but I am still really worried it's a chemical :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->