a question for a friend... BFP after D&C

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Im not sure if this is in the right place and i apologise if not A friend of mine had a MMC at 8 weeks which was descoverd on her "14 week" dating scan on the 7th jan, and a d&c on the 8th after the d&c she was advised she would be very fertile and ovulate in about 1-2 weeks they done the deed exactly a week after on the 15th. she came to me today with two very faint lines on 10miu ebay tests i could definatly see them and im pretty sure todays was darker than yesterdays, now the question we're wondering is, is this possible that this is the hormones left over from the MMC or a new pregnancy?

i was told to test a week later and it should be negative

did she test? the week after if mot shes prob best going to the doctors to ask them x

no she didnt test the week after yesterday was the first time she tested i told her that if it gets darker it looks like shes pregnant but i really have no idea if she would still have enough hormone for a test to pick up :s

She should prob go to the doctors so she can tell for sure the hormones should be out of her system within a week to ten days but sometimes there not! X

I had an ERPC four weeks ago having been 9.5 weeks pregnant and the tests are still positive. She can either see if the tests are getting darker or request HCG tests from her GP to see if her numbers are rising.

I was still getting positive pregnancy tests (very faintly) over two months after my pregnancy symptoms dropped off and my miscarriage sagas began. I think it's possible these hormones are still leftover from the earlier pregnancy. If this is the case, they should get fainter and fainter as the weeks go by.

Tell her to take another test in a week. If it's bold and dark, well, maybe it's a new pregnancy, but if it's barely visible or not there, then it's probably left over from the last one. Sorry if this is bad news! :(

well this was a while ago, its been over 6 weeks now since the d+c and she was still getting faint BFP's untill she got AF yesterday! :-( obviously since then i have also had a MC and its been two weeks, im still getting faint bfp's too!

It's just so confusing, isn't it? When you don't even know what it means to get a + on your pregnancy test anymore. You can't even trust that! I don't know what to tell you, just I hope that it clears up soon. Whatever the situation.

well i know i'll be getting + im ok thought because we're not TTC so i know that any + i get is old hormones, was hard for her thought because she was sill ttc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->