A question for all the 2nd/3rd/4th time mums

tas1

Mummy of 2 Beautiful Boys
Reaction score
Im just wondering if you was overdue with your first but early with your second? Or over due with your second? :shrug:

I wanna know as i was 5days late with my first and im abit scared of the birth weight as well as my son was 9lbs and everyone keeps telling me they get bigger the more you have?!? :shrug:

I guess im wishful thinking as my pelvis is hurting and im getting bigger and bigger and i dont think my body will make it to the end. Think its one of those days :cry: xx

The MWs will tell you there is no pattern to when they come (ignoring those women whose babies are all prem for whatever reason). As for the weight, well I've a whole bunch of nephews and nieces (5 in one family and 3 in another two) and there has been no pattern of the babies getting heavier at all.

I had my first 3 weeks early, and he was 7lb10oz, everyone said I would go overdue, but he had other plans :) Then with my 2nd, everyone said I would go overdue and he would be 9 or 10lbs...lol Well he was 2 weeks early and 8lbs1oz...so they were both early, but he wasn't that much bigger. This one will probably have her own plans and she may be the biggest or the smallest, just have to wait and see...I hope you don't go over hun, maybe this one will suprise you and come early :)...big :hugs:

Mine were both 8 days late, 1st was 8lb 6, 2nd 9lb 12 so I'm hoping the weight doesn't keep going up!!

Great question as I went 4 days overdue with my first so will be interested to see what the other Mums have to say :)

Think it just depends on the individual my first was induced due to pre emclampsia so dont know if she would of ended up being late, she was 8lb 4oz, my second was just a few days early and 9lb 9oz (such an easy delivery she was 5 hours from the first twinge:) )
my third was 5 weeks early and weighed 9lb 6oz I dread to think how big he would of been.
I was also told with my third my son that he was growing too slowly that he had long limbs but his head and spine were too small, he did look like a wisened old man when he was born until his head grew but no problems there.
This time I am having a boy again and am having growth and placenta scans which wasnt a problem last time, but if my older son is anything to go by (thye say bubs has long legs and arms but his spine and head are small again) I have this feeling this little boy will be big too.
Personally for me his sister who was my biggest was the easiest so fingers crossed this one will be too.

I think yr just about the same stage though a week and a bit ahead were at the moment time seems to be slowing down, we are just out of christmas and everyone is fed up in Jan Easter is late this year even monthers day isnt till 3rd april, unless yr oh is really romantic then we just have valentines day to look forward to then half term maybe march will have us thinking time has flown xx

Think it just depends on the individual my first was induced due to pre emclampsia so dont know if she would of ended up being late, she was 8lb 4oz, my second was just a few days early and 9lb 9oz (such an easy delivery she was 5 hours from the first twinge:) )
my third was 5 weeks early and weighed 9lb 6oz I dread to think how big he would of been.
I was also told with my third my son that he was growing too slowly that he had long limbs but his head and spine were too small, he did look like a wisened old man when he was born until his head grew but no problems there.
This time I am having a boy again and am having growth and placenta scans which wasnt a problem last time, but if my older son is anything to go by (thye say bubs has long legs and arms but his spine and head are small again) I have this feeling this little boy will be big too.
Personally for me his sister who was my biggest was the easiest so fingers crossed this one will be too.

I think yr just about the same stage though a week and a bit ahead were at the moment time seems to be slowing down, we are just out of christmas and everyone is fed up in Jan Easter is late this year even monthers day isnt till 3rd april, unless yr oh is really romantic then we just have valentines day to look forward to then half term maybe march will have us thinking time has flown xx

my 1st was 11 days over and weighed 7lb10oz, my 2nd was 10 dayss late and was 9lb.

Wonder what the 3rd will be

I was induced at 10 days late with my first she was 8 lbs 8 I will be 10 days late tomorrow but don't want to be induced again

Baby 1, 40+4 9 lbs 9 oz
Baby 2, 40+6 8 lbs 13 oz

There is of course a correlation with lateness and weight as the baby continues to pile it on past edd.

1st was born on her due date and was 6lb 15
2nd was a week overdue and was 7lb 6
3rd was 2 weeks overdue and was 7lb 8

All were induced for various medical reasons but if this little monkey thinks that he is staying in for 3 weeks over, just to keep the pattern going, he has another thing coming :winkwink::haha:

Thanks everyone! I think i am just feeling fed up again,im so tired and my whole body aches and i havent done much at all today just put some baby stuff in the nursery so nothing major and i still feel like i have done a work out!

Going to midwives tomorrow so will see what she says and i have another scan next week so will see how big this one is! I hope he isnt that big as im only little and so scared of tearing (luckily i didnt with my first) I shouldnt wish time away i know but slightly am and i feel guilty for feeling like this as there are so many ladies who cant have babies and here i am complaining!

xx

baby 1 37 weeks naturally 8lb10
baby 2 37 induced 9lb6

already been told ill go no further than 37 weeks with the twins

1st DD 10 days overdue 8lbs 15ozs
2nd DD 10 days overdue 8lbs 12ozs
3rd DS 12 days overdue 10lbs 13.5 ozs
4th ???? we've yet to find out, maybe he'll totally surprise us and come early, or on time (yeah who am I trying to kid!!) don't feel anywhere as big as I did at this stage with DS but he's got a good few weeks left of growing so we'll see!

Thanks everyone! I think i am just feeling fed up again,im so tired and my whole body aches and i havent done much at all today just put some baby stuff in the nursery so nothing major and i still feel like i have done a work out!

Going to midwives tomorrow so will see what she says and i have another scan next week so will see how big this one is! I hope he isnt that big as im only little and so scared of tearing (luckily i didnt with my first) I shouldnt wish time away i know but slightly am and i feel guilty for feeling like this as there are so many ladies who cant have babies and here i am complaining!

xx

I am afraid mine may be bigger this time too and I am scared of tearing too :( I didnt with my first two! I just have a feeling she will be much bigger and I will tear or get cut :( Hoping she comes earlier so maybe she will be smaller, like 37 weeks, no sooner!

1st child 39+4 8lbs 1 ounce
2nd child 37+3 7lbs 5 ounces

xx

Some pregnancys can be really hard going and although the old wive's tale is that you get a heavier baby each time around, each LO is different and size doesn't necessarily indicate whether you will tear or not.

My girlies haven't been 'big' by any stretch (stats in a post further up) but I tore with the first 2. It just depends on how things go. On the tearing itself... sounds horrific, I know. At the time, I didn't feel either but it stung like an absolute bitch whenever I went to the loo until I was healed. With my first I had no idea about pouring water over myself as I wee'd but thankfully a family friend let it be known when I got home from the hospital and it really does help. I've never been 'cut' and, like any pregnant Mum to be, really don't like the thought of it. I have been told that it is considered to be very much the last resort now, it isn't something that they do commonly anymore and the only time it will be considered is if baby is at serious risk. Which does ease my mind a lot.

Everyone needs some support, especially during times like this when you feel tired and vulnerable. I have had a right flipping moan on here about being ill and although I am very aware of the ladies who would give anything to be in our shoes, it doesn't make what any of us are feeling any less real or any less debilitating.

Take care Hun :flower:

Thank you!
I went to my midwives today and they didnt really give any advice about how to ease my pelvis and back pain and when i said i was scared this one will be big she didnt reassure me or anything so now i still feel rubbish about it but my next appointment is with the male midwife that delivered my son so i think i will feel more comfortable asking him about stuff. I just hope it doesnt get worse, today has been ok ish but then i havent been doing much at all!

Better news is i got my car MOT'd and it passed which i thought it wouldnt and the health in pregnancy grant form so today has been less stressful!

xx

Have they started to check your fundal height yet? If you are with a good midwife (or should that be midhusband? :winkwink:) can you request a growth scan to at least give you a little more certainty?

If it helps at all, I'm one of five and my Mum used to tell me that although having a bigger baby has the obvious drawbacks, she was always told and had the experience, that a bigger baby can 'help' by positioning themselves. How true that is, I don't know, but my 'baby' Brother was flipping huge and Mum used to say that he was the easiest out of all of us.

Hope you feel better very soon, nothing worse than feeling grotty and sore. But yay for the car and the HIP, cracking news!

Today I will attempt to be all organised and make lots of lists....

... that the baby will find and scribble on giving me a valid reason not to action anything on them :blush::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->