A question for baby wearing mums

RedButterfly

3 DD's ♡1 DS
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm due at the beginning of June and I want to baby wear this time round. I was looking at a moby wrap but with a few layers, it might be a bit hot for summer.

What would you recommend?

I loved my Moby. We used it over summer (NZ summer 25 - 35deg C) and it was fine. Because LO is all covered up with Moby we just used to have him in a little singlet/vest type clothing and a hat.

I found a stretchy wrap too warm for me, but after having the kids I found I was always really warm so it's probably more about me than the wrap.

If you wanted something a little cooler, I used a mei tai, which although thicker across the back has gaps at the sides so you can get some air flow, and also a soft-structured carrier (e.g. Ergo, Manduca, Rose & Rebellion etc) which also has gaps. A woven wrap has a steeper learning curve than a stretchy wrap but I found our cotton one the coolest carrier of all, despite the layers.

If you have a sling library/meet any where near you, it's worth going along as they will be able to let you try different options.

I used a ring sling when my boys were really little, which was very comfy, and they always napped really well in it. Then I used an Ergo from about 4+ months, and it was very comfy too. Its really good for evenly distributing the weight across your body, which is especially good if you need to use it for more than an hour.

I have a ByKay wrap which is similar to the Moby and I adore it, but I find it quite hot, but I also haven't worn a coat since I was 16 and I'm now 27, because I love being cold so think I'm oversensitive to any warmth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->