A question for smokers

twinkle1975

Reaction score
Those of you who smoke - what do you do with your cigarette butts?

Do you put them in the bin or grind them out with your foot and leave them on the floor?

If you're one of the people who leaves them on the floor do you see that as different to other littering?

Only wondering as I've just been watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and they were saying that just 1 butt in 15 litres of water can kill wildlife as the butt has the filter in it which contains all the toxins.

I'm not having a go at smokers - just wondered about the litter side?

im an ex smoker and OH still smokes.

i'll be completely honest, when i was smoking (depending on where i was) i would usually just put it out with my foot and leave it on the floor. my main problem was i usually smoked when i was drunk, so i wasn't really paying attention to what i did with it. :blush:

if i was in town however i would always stub it out on a bin and throw it. used to worry about starting a bin fire though!

OH just throws it wherever but he doesn't really smoke around me anymore so i couldn't say for sure. i know he used to though.

it is littering and people do get fined for it where i live.

im a ex smoker and i admit i did sometimes just throw it on thr ground and stand on it :blush: but mostly i used to find a bin that had one of them ashtrays on them and put it there

90% of the time Ill put it out on the bin then bin it, if I'm in a rush and theirs no bin I am guilty of just dropping it. Now I know about what you've said I don't think I will, I never realised it was that damaging to wildlife x

I'm also an ex smoker and I never ONCE threw it on the ground. If there wasn't a bin handy, I put the butt back in the pack and put it into a bin when I found one. It is littering, and littering really riles me up!!

I pull the butt away & put the butt in the bin..
You can get a £50 on the spot fine for throwing the butt on the floor.. This is un England btw.

Thats one expensive cigarette if you get that fine! Lol

If I'm at home I smoke outside but always put it out and put the butt in the bin.

If I'm out I always try to put it in a bin but one isn't handy then I am guilty of throwing them on the floor :blush:

We get fined here for it as well so I guess it would be classed as littering although to be honest I've never really thought about it!

I'm also an ex smoker and I never ONCE threw it on the ground. If there wasn't a bin handy, I put the butt back in the pack and put it into a bin when I found one. It is littering, and littering really riles me up!!

phwoaaar i bet that stank :haha:
i remember i used to 'chip' fags out during my school days and they would pong my blazer out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->