Who's ready?

motherofboys

Reaction score
Is anyone ready yet? If not, what do you still have left to do?

I'm almost there. I just need to...

Package and post my friends gifts,
Wrap the boys presents,
Buy chocolate, gift cards and an experience gift card,
Buy the rest of the Christmas food.

The food will be fine, I'll just add some in to each week's shopping the next couple of weeks.
Chocolate I will get at work when it's double discount next weekend, the gift cards I will order on pay day this week.
The parcel I should be able to get sorted as I can do that with the kids around and then post it at the post office next door to work.
It's the wrapping I'm most concerned about. I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to do any of it.

Nowhere near I’m so unorganised this year
I need all the Christmas food
Family gifts still to buy
Not wrapped a single thing.

The only thing I am done is for the kids.

I think I’m about a quarter done lol we are now on the other side of the country (California) so can concentrate a bit more, I also now have all of the in-laws to buy for. (We usually just send them gift cards, but this year will get them something more meaningful, since we are closer)
One thing I’m thankful for is, I don’t have to cook this year!! Yay!!
So I have a few things to get my three kids
Stocking fillers
Gifts for our two dogs
Gifts for two nephews and one niece
Gifts for mil and fil
Gifts for 2 bill’s and 2 sil’s
And a couple of family friends.
And will get some chocolates etc for snacks

Oh and I need to wrap everything!

I've wrapped everything bar works secret Santa and OH's friends which I'll do tomorrow then I can post them out. I'll be adding ribbon/bows to both DD's presents on Xmas eve. DD2 enjoyed unraveling it for the other stuff so that's her job as I hated it.
Just need the food shop - I've got a slot booked for 23rd, gives time to get any missing bits on Xmas eve. I bought a small beef joint last week and that's in the freezer.
I have 5 shifts left before I'm off for Christmas so I feel like I have no pressure for a change

I've not even bought wrapping paper yet and Thomas is ill with tonsilitis but we'll get there. My food shop is booked for the 23rd.

I've wrapped everything bar works secret Santa and OH's friends which I'll do tomorrow then I can post them out. I'll be adding ribbon/bows to both DD's presents on Xmas eve. DD2 enjoyed unraveling it for the other stuff so that's her job as I hated it.
Just need the food shop - I've got a slot booked for 23rd, gives time to get any missing bits on Xmas eve. I bought a small beef joint last week and that's in the freezer.
I have 5 shifts left before I'm off for Christmas so I feel like I have no pressure for a change
Jealous you get Christmas off now haha I'm in nearly all of Christmas due to people being on holiday or long term sick

Jealous you get Christmas off now haha I'm in nearly all of Christmas due to people being on holiday or long term sick
This year my husband is working Christmas day, boxing day, the 27th and new Year's Day.

Not at all, I still need to get presents and wrap everything!

That's how it used to be, and it drained the excitement. My shift pattern has done me a huge favour. Leap year does the same again for me next year too!

I dont mind working some of it as that's the nature of the job, but this year its extremely unbalanced with some people having the entire week off while others basically have no time off. Usually you sort of work half and have half off but other than Christmas day I'm in the entire week.

I feel more ready than usual this year.
Ive got a handful of gifts to wrap, could do with getting a couple more things but honestly feel like if I don’t get round to it it’s not the end of the world. I’m usually way more stressed.

I have to be honest though I don’t feel festive at all this year which is really sad. And probably why I’m not so stressed, maybe my Christmas spirit will arrive when there is only a day or two left to go and I’ll suddenly feel like I need to do/buy more and go to maximum stress level lol.

I feel more ready than usual this year.
Ive got a handful of gifts to wrap, could do with getting a couple more things but honestly feel like if I don’t get round to it it’s not the end of the world. I’m usually way more stressed.

I have to be honest though I don’t feel festive at all this year which is really sad. And probably why I’m not so stressed, maybe my Christmas spirit will arrive when there is only a day or two left to go and I’ll suddenly feel like I need to do/buy more and go to maximum stress level lol.
I feel festive but like it's still.a couple of weeks away so constantly get shocked with how soon it is and panic. I have all the gifts but still haven't wrapped the boys stuff. I'm also panicking about the rest of the food. I don't like stress at Christmas but I'm convinced I won't be able to get the rest of it

I'm almost done.
Left to do is

Rest of the food being delivered on 23rd, hoping that I get the essentials. I mean, all of it would be nice, but I'll take not having to dash out quickly on Christmas Eve over some extra treats any day :haha:

Make and wrap Zac's scrap book from his holiday.

Either wrap or build the WWE stage entrance for Nate and Seth

Keep an eye out for the paintbrushes I bought for Reuben's stocking and now can't find. If they turn up they'll need wrapping.

Oh Reuben also has a scooter to set up but I'll do that Christmas Eve

I'm all done now. Waiting for one more present to arrive and then I'll wrap it, but that's it.

Will do food shop tomorrow maybe. After working in Aldi this morning, I really don't fancy a food shop, it was absolutely insane :xmas1:

John took his mum shopping this morning and said the same. Absolutely chaos out there. I've had a couple of days off so no idea what it's been like :haha:

I'm ready.
Food shop done yesterday . It's only the 4 of us so didn't need as much.
Presents all wrapped and ready.

Car passed its MOT and we've both finished work.

Today DH and DD2 have played games, watches a couple of films and I got an afternoon nap as not feeling 100%. Dd1 is around somewhere ha ha

Yay for being done, also the car passing its MOT, that's a stress in itself. Jealous you've finished work for Christmas.

That's great the car passed its MOT and you're both finished for Christmas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->