A question on birthing partners please help

blondebabe

Reaction score
Hi everyone i was jus wondering...when i go into labour i will be living with my OH so he will be there 100% of the time throughout my labour. my question is, i would like my mum to be there too but i dont want her to be hanging around for hours on end so i would want to contact her when i'm about 8 ish cms dilacted. this is my first baby so i have no idea what the hospitals policys are and if birthing partners can come and go? also i read somewhere about only being allowed one person in with you because of this swine flu thing going around?? i'm due in may! can any1 help?? xx

i havent a clue. i always thought you have your partner & one birthing partner? Maybe its best asking at the hospital you will be going to as alot are very different with who can go in an how many etc

Well I just had my OH with me during my labour but at one point I did start crying for my mum, the midwife was off to ring her to come in but I changed my mind. I was quite dilated then but the midwife didnt seem to mind if I wanted my mum to come in.
I think you just have to factor in what your hospital allows, how long it will take for your mum to get to the hospital etc
Does your hospital have any tours you can go to so you can see the options and ask any questions?
Your mum may be helpful being there for you from when you arrive, to take over when OH needs a pee, to pass you anything, to hold you hands/legs/feets/sick bowl :haha:

im having my mum and OH and i want my mum to be there all the way lol! she can wait hehe! and she wants to too! it will be good to have both there all the time as if OH wants to go for a break outside then he wont be leaving you alone at all!

your best bet is to call your hospital maternity unit! ive done this as i did think about having my sis there too (changed my mind) but they said as long as i dont go over board i can have whoever! (ps this was at bournemouth hospital in a birthing pool, dont know if the same applies if i end up in a room with just a bed but i sure it does) xx

bornmouth? wow thats really near me ! do you know where portsmouth is?? i'm going to QA there!! xx

bornmouth? wow thats really near me ! do you know where portsmouth is?? i'm going to QA there!! xx

Do i know where portsmouth is.... i went to uni there haha! i love it there!

You going to the hospital thats next to the big yellow storage place lol? thats all i can remember thats near there lol! xx

You going to the hospital thats next to the big yellow storage place lol? thats all i can remember thats near there lol! xx

lol not sure but the hospital is called queen alexander ?? also i have another question...i wud really like a water birth but i dont want to get my hopes up because on the day i may not get it....how do u go about it? xx

lol not sure but the hospital is called queen alexander ?? also i have another question...i wud really like a water birth but i dont want to get my hopes up because on the day i may not get it....how do u go about it? xx

Well you have to have it in your birthing plan! at your next MW appointment make sure you tell her and she can put it in your notes but i think at some point the birthing plan will be discussed. mine hasnt yet im only 15 weeks but it will do later on! how far gone are you?

Depending on the hospital they will have a certain amount of birthing pool rooms, i think my hosp has 3 so obviously it comes down to availability and also if your pregnancy / birth is going "normally"

If there are any complications or they think there will be any you probably wont be able to have one! thats all i know though, if you want any more info id ask your hospital hun :) xx

Well you have to have it in your birthing plan! at your next MW appointment make sure you tell her and she can put it in your notes but i think at some point the birthing plan will be discussed. mine hasnt yet im only 15 weeks but it will do later on! how far gone are you?

Depending on the hospital they will have a certain amount of birthing pool rooms, i think my hosp has 3 so obviously it comes down to availability and also if your pregnancy / birth is going "normally"

If there are any complications or they think there will be any you probably wont be able to have one! thats all i know though, if you want any more info id ask your hospital hun :) xx

aww thanks for your help i am 24 weeks + 5 days and we're having a boy :) and yes i guess it does come down to them being available...this is my first baby too so i dont know what to expect...xx

im the same! 1st baba and clueless! all my info has come from girlies on here and the internet! my best friend had a baby last week and her labour was horrendous and ended up in c section but she had the perfect pregnancy so anything can happen!

awww congrats on a boy :) i cant wait to find out sex although im 95% sure its a boy! its so exciting this pregnancy malarky but so scary too!!! my 1st 12 weeks i was so scared, especially weeks 5 - 8. i paid for an early scan at 7.5 weeks so i felt so much better after that! xx

aww yeh i was scared and still scared about things going wrong and i write stupid questions up on here to try to get some answers on twinges and what i can and cant drink and eat lol :) xxx

aww yeh i was scared and still scared about things going wrong and i write stupid questions up on here to try to get some answers on twinges and what i can and cant drink and eat lol :) xxx

No questions are stupid! we are all as worried as eachother! im an obessive on some things! when i got pregs i had loads of cheapy tests from ebay and i did about 3 a day to make sure im always positive LOL and now i have a doppler i listen to it in the morning and before bed so i can hear baba!! im sure that will stop once i can feel it moving :) xx

Hey, I was a bithing partner for a friend some years ago; her OH was not going to be there. It so happened he was, but still I was with her throughout as was her partner. I think one or two at the most, but anymore makes a crowded room xx

lol i rememeber doing a pregnancy test at 5 and a half months jus to make sure and it was really faint and i totally freaked out !!!! i got on here straight away and found out that it is totally normal! was soo scared tho !!

I think in most hospitals your allowed up to two people in the room with you...But all hospitals are different, so its probably a good idea to ask your midwife or ring the hospital! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->