A quick one...

~KACI~

Reaction score
for one's with older children or others with views .

At what age did you stop being naked i.e getting changed infront of, taking a shower while there in room or share a bath with your children.

OH thinks that maybe we should stop doin these things now kieran is gettin abit older, i personally think we should get away with it til he's 3, I think with Paige it will last abit longer as she is a girl and i would rather her no her body.

So just you opinions please x

My kids are always popping in to use the loo or something when im in the shower or bath lol can never get 5 minutes to myself and they are 11,9 and 4 x

I was brought up in an open enviroment...my mum would do the housework in her bra..id read her my school books whilst shes in the bath...if i walked in and she was getting dressed she wouldnt run off and hide, she'd just carry on. Sometimes still, ill go round and she'll be working in her bra or the other day she tried on one of my tops and thought nothing of whipping her top off. Id tlk to my dad whilst he was in the bath too...
I dont tlk to my parents anymore in the bath...or whilst they are on the loo, but i do sometimes still see them changing clothes etc...:shrug:
This is how we are with the kids too. I think it helped me to be confident with myself. And its no big deal here really. I think the kids will decide when they dont feel comfortable with it anymore...(unless like us, its just a regular thing)

When i was brought up i would always see my mum and dad getting changed,speak to them in the bath or whatever. Especially my mum, i think shes just wanted me to think that theres nothing wrong with my body and how womens bodies are and whatnot.

Even now, although i dont go and sit on the loo and have a convo with my mum whilst shes in the bath, if i need to give her something ill pop in and give it her, ill see her getting changed sometimes, she never hides away and does it.

I think its good to be open tbh x

My eldest is 6 and she has just started to get a little shy.........DH and i carry on as normal tho, i dont want the kids to feel funny about haveing a bath or getting dressed etc and i dont want them to feel funny about me and DH doing it,

I want them to know that....well we all started as one, just because were getting older dosnt meen we have to hide away from eachother when doing normal things xxxxxx

yeah i wouldnt worry to much or ur little one may become shy of his body and i think its good to be confident.

(my lo is nearly three and he has baths with both me and my OH :)

When I lived at home I was always seeing my mum & dad getting changed never bothered me altho as I got that bit older (teens) my dad would shut the bedroom door if I was in although I would still go & sit with my mum & talk to her while she was in the bath up untill I left home (22) & even now she want think twice about changing in front of me x
Like someone else said think its down to the child as to when they are no longer comfortable with it x

Like said above, I think the child will tell you when it's too much. I know that after a certain age I started avoiding my dad while he was taking a shower and would ask questions through the door, just because I felt it wasn't right any more. With my mum, I don't remember ever seeing her in her underwear, she's always stayed clear of us and made sure she was dressed.

I've got a great relationship with my MIL, and she changes in front of me and is of the opinion 'if it scares you, don't watch'. She gives a warning before hand and lets me decided whether I stay or not. I'm the same, I don't mind changing tops in front of my mum, dad or MIL. I wouldn't get completely naked, but that's just me.

As long as you and your husband feel comfortable, don't change it. If Kieran gets uncomfortable with it you'll be able to tell. He'll probably reach a certain age and walk away from you when he feels it's been enough.

Dan is 10 and he would still come in to use the loo while I am in the bath!!! My OH walks around naked all the time, I dont mean like all around the house I mean if he is going from the bathroom to bedroom needing to get a towel or something, we want dan to be fimilar with the body so he has no hang ups, he does sometimes get a little shy if I am getting out of the bath and he walks in on me but I always laugh it off and tell him not to be shy because it is only another body just a bit different from his. He was even curious with my section and had a peek at my scar so hopefully I have one little man that will not be sitting giggling at the back of the class in sex ed.

I know I'm a wee bit late to this thread but I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately as my lil guy is almost 4. I still walk around naked in the apt and actually just explained to him last week that my "stuff" isn't called a penis like his is. I know he's noticed my chest as I've caught his checking them out but I have NO idea what to really say to him. My OH just started peeing and getting out of the bed or shower infront of him and they peed together so they've gotten that outta the way.. (he's a nurse and more comfortable with this topic than I am) so I'm wondering if I should wait until the lil guy brings up such topics or should I initiate them...

but for now we're naked!!!! LOL! (just not talking much)

Im 4 yours older than my brother and my parents were also rather open, i would bath with my brother and my dad would come brush his teeth in his undies or naked, when i was about 10 i asked my mom if it was ok that i didnt bath with brother anymore because i was embaressed at what my friends would say!

my girls are 17, 16 and 15 and my son is 11 and they will all still come in the bathroom when i'm in the bath. my son will also come and read his book to me, if they are not embarrased i'm not. however they always cover up with the exception of my oldest.

i think up until i left home at 19 i still sat and talked to my mum while she was in the bath. nicole still comes in the bath with me now and shes five. I think its better to be open about stuff like that.

My family has also been pretty open. I used to shower and bathe with mom until I was around 9 or 10. I started developing around the age of 10 and felt really uncomfortable showering with anyone but myself anymore. It would be nothing for my brother or I to go in and chat with mom while she was on the toilet or in the bath...most times she left the door open anyways. I will still go into the bathroom while she is in there and Im 21. Now my dad on the other hand...He has never changed in front of us (at least that I can remember) but Im kind of glad he didnt...I think seeing my dad nekked or in the shower would be much more embarrassing for me than seeing my mom...must be a girl thing.

I'm 18 and when i'm home my mom still gets changed in front of me, takes her top off if gets hot while exercising etc. actually she's naked quite alot lol although it embarassed me while i was a little younger I think that it's made me more comfortable about my body. My dad stopped whe I was 8 or 9, that was his choice and I think that was right, not sure how my 15 yr old bro feels about my mom embracing her nudity though lol

Abbie has just turned six and we still have baths together lol, i think 3 years old is still acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->