a quick update

curlygirl87

Reaction score
hello ladies,
as you all know if you have read my other post i have not had a period since 21/11/09 so went to the doctors after three neg HPT's she sent me for blood and i also had to tke FMU sample with me, well i went for the blood tests on tuesaday to test for thrriod and glucose problems they all came back clear and the urine sample came back negative. so there are no health problems as such for my periods not to have arrived. I have been asked to book another appiotnment with the doctor for tues morning she mentioned it might be PCOS but i dont really have any of the symtoms although i am over wieght so still waiting for some answers and still no period has arrived 55 days now to be precise driving me mad now tahnks for all the replied to my last posts and does anybody know anything about PCOS? Thanks in advance x:wacko:

Hi - sorry i dont have any advice but i didnt want to read and run. Sorry the doctor didnt shead any light on the situation. I know a few girlies on here had had periods just dissapear for a month. Good luck hun xx

Two of my friends have PCOS, one is 14 weeks pregnant and the other is trying for a baby at the moment. She has been trying for a long time but she had to lose weight before the doctor would give her clomid to help with her conception. She is going to be starting to take that soon to see if that helps her to conceive. It can be more difficult I think but as my first friend has shown it is possible. Friend 1 had the problem of having virtual continuous AF and Friend 2 had AF disappear for months at a time. I think you can go one way or the other! Hope this helps

Hi hun,

I was diagnosed with PCOS in October... I found it hard to come to terms with but there are plenty of success stories on here.
PCOS - polcystic ovarian syndrom.
Alst I know of PCOS is that: where as everymonth non PCOS women produce a low level of FSH and LH, their LH hormone spikes once during the month - releasing an egg into the fallopian tube.
for Ladies with pcos, our LH hormone runs at a level slightly higher then non PCOS ladies and which doesnt spike once a month, meaning that we produce eggs to be fertilised, however they don't get released into the fallopian tube. Instead they sit on the ovary and fuse to form small cysts. My Gynea said that when he looked at my ovaries, they could only be described as a pearl necklace - because of all the eggs that have ripened and fused to the ovary... (The only way I found out about it is that 2 of mine popped. [OUCH!]) so this explains why its harder for us to conceive - because our eggs dont get released into the fallopian tube for the sperms to meet... there is also some evidence to suggest that because of the hormone inbalance that we have, we tend to miscarry more, however, the Drs proscribe drugs like clomid that help to balance out the hormones - allowing eggs to be released and hopefully fertilised... Also, if you get pregnent, it is supposed to help PCOS sufferers.

Please ask your DR if u are worried, I am by no-means medical but I have simply told you what my gynea said to me... Like I said, there are MANY success stories to be found on this website. :) PM me if u want to know anything else hun, I know how sad it can make u feel sometimes.

xxxx

Hi hunny :wave:

Don't worry you aren't alone I have not had a period since July 09. I have had test's coming out my earholes including an ultrasound for PCOS and all clear. I was supposed to go back to my GP last week but I forgot to book in :blush: I know I am naughty.

Noone can explain it, bloods all clear (they tested for thyroid/hormone etc etc)

:shrug: I suppose I am just going to wait it out to see what happens.

Fingers crossed everything goes fine for you x As my GP so expertly put it "Sometimes we just have blips!"

Thanks for the insight Lou - made things much clearer for me!

Curly - sorry to hear your news, keep us informed on your doc and :hugs:

Hiya hun!
Just wanted to let you know that I have PCOS and I got pregnant whilst still on the pill and now have a beautiful little boy. PCOS does not always mean you will have trouble getting pregnant. I am an example of that!! :D

Hope your doctor can give you some answers to your missing period very soon xx

thank yhou ladies for all your posts i have finally recived a/f today 62 days after my last one and im now debating whether to go a pill of some kind to regulate myself until the time comes that i feel ready to start trying. My doc says that she feels that i am developing PCOS and to try and lose some weight as it might help the situation thanks so much to everyone for all your advice and i wish you all the best no matter what you are doing thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->