A shocking arrival!

monica2628

Reaction score
I posted this in the April Due dates thread but wanted to share as its a pretty crazy story...

Baby Marlee Rayne arrived last night at 810.....or so. Its a pretty wild birth story. I was 38+5.

Went to the hospital at 3pm on the 25th BC I thought my waters might be leaking. Had it confirmed as there was a big gush as soon as I sat on the exam table. I was admitted and immediately started having contractions. Was just over 3cm and 50% effaced at admission. They put me on the lowest dose of pitocin BC my waters had been broken since early in the morning while I slept so they wanted to move things along. At 5 my Dr came and checked on me and I was 5cm and 80%. Contractions were strong and painful and epidural came soon after. Around 630 I was checked again and had gone to 6cm. Around 750 the nurses came in bc the monitor was not picking up baby's heartbeat. The two of them searched for 10 mins. They weren't worried and assured us not to be either. The nurses decided to roll me over on my side to try and move baby. We heard two weird noises that no one could figure out. They described them as a crying cat lol. I honestly thought that possibly it was a queef or something but had no idea bc I wasn't feeling much with the epidural. Still no heartbeat. We moved me back to my back and they decided to check me. They pulled back the blankets and there was the baby...laying on the bed!!! The nurses had the shock of their lives but sprang into action. I sat up to see and could only say a few expletives as I was in complete shock. DH was about the same. This 7lb 12oz girl literally slid out on her own without a single push from me! Looking back, when they rolled me to my side I felt a weird sensation in the vaginal area but thought nothing of it. And the noises...were her crying! And when I was rolled back over my leg was on/touching something but I thought it was just the blankets all bunched up. We think she was probably under the blankets for almost 5 mins...but was discovered at 810 so that's her birth time. My Dr showed up about 20 mins later and all she did was grab the placenta as it came out (again without a single push) and clean me up. No tears or anything. Dr was here for maybe 30 mins total. Anyways she is perfectly healthy and happy and I feel great....but we're all still in shock at the delivery that was one in a thousand.

She has been breastfeeding great and is so well mannered and not a cryer....so far. We wonder if it has anything to do with her being born without any stress, on her own accord, under the warm and dark blankets and able to chill for a few minutes before all the excitement started.

I'm not too sure how happy I am about telling the story that my baby "fell out" of my vagina :haha: but I'll take it any day over a long, exhaustive labor!

Attachments

• IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 136
Congrats, she's beautiful! And what a great birth story :)

Oh my goodness! What a surprise! Congratulations!

wow...way to go mamma! and she is gorgeous :)

Wow glad they didn't leave her under there any longer. Can't imagine how shocked you must have been shes a little cutie congrats x

Awesome story lol!! Crying cat? queef maybe? Nope! Its a baby!!!

How strange! What a story to tell hey! Guess that epidural was nice and strong then! Huge congrats x

Amazing story - thanks for sharing.

I'd be more than happy if mine just slides right on out! lol

xx

Wow thats incredible i would love to have a simple delivery and labor like that congrats she is beautiful!

Sounds good to me , wish I couldn't feel it haha , well done congratulations , she's beautiful x

Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations she is beautiful x

Holy moly - what a story! Congratulations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->