A strange question about your BFP

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
so ladies, everyone remembers getting there :bfp: what sort of test did you use and what was it like?

the night i got our :bfp: me and james had been to lakeside, orginally to look for a handbag for myself. i spent the night being a real pain, and i could't choose so gave up and went for food! wanted onion rings with sweet and sour sauce :sick: think james knew then but we were desperate not to get our hopes up again, i have pcos and we had only been trying for 9months. a few hours later we were home and i took a CB digi, and there was the words- 'pregnant' it was wonderfully exciting, we were both scared and thrilled :)

xxx

I was at home,on my bedroom florr.I just stocked up on 6 different brands of pregnancy tests.
They all showed positive......SHOCK!

I went to the doctors to discuss why I hadn't had a period for so long (about 5 months I think). He said it was probably the medication, but to go and do a pregnancy test, just incase. I told him that I'd had three negative tests a few weeks earlier, but he said I had to do one last one before they did any blood tests to find out where my periods went. I went home, and use the last of my cheapy tests from Superdrug. It was about 6:30pm, and I just stuck it on the side. I was washing my hands, and noticed a line appearing. I wasn't even watching it, I was so sure I wasn't pregnant. I actually said 'Oh!' outloud. Came downstairs and logged on to messenger, to tell my husband. He was at work, and had to come home, he tried working afterwards but kept making mistakes! We thought I was maybe 4 weeks, but had a scan the next day to confirm. I was 11+5! We'd 'sort of' tried for 3.5 years, and nothing happened, and I was resigned to the fact that we just weren't going to get pregnant.

I went to the doctors to discuss why I hadn't had a period for so long (about 5 months I think). He said it was probably the medication, but to go and do a pregnancy test, just incase. I told him that I'd had three negative tests a few weeks earlier, but he said I had to do one last one before they did any blood tests to find out where my periods went. I went home, and use the last of my cheapy tests from Superdrug. It was about 6:30pm, and I just stuck it on the side. I was washing my hands, and noticed a line appearing. I wasn't even watching it, I was so sure I wasn't pregnant. I actually said 'Oh!' outloud. Came downstairs and logged on to messenger, to tell my husband. He was at work, and had to come home, he tried working afterwards but kept making mistakes! We thought I was maybe 4 weeks, but had a scan the next day to confirm. I was 11+5! We'd 'sort of' tried for 3.5 years, and nothing happened, and I was resigned to the fact that we just weren't going to get pregnant.

thats lovely, so happy for you :) congratulations x

we had been trying for 2month, i tested but got bfn then a couple days later i got bfp i took about 10test, then i ran outside where my OH was cleaning the car and i told him i thought i was pregnant, then we just kept looking at the test to make sure

I had been to the docs that day with severe stomach cramps, sore breasts and sickness. She did a sexual health screen but refused to do a pregnancy test as she said it was too soon to be pregnancy symptoms. (three weeks and I'd been having them for a week).

Was midnight and i was just going to sleep - drifting off whilst watching family guy when i remembered i had one left. So i did it and it was positive almost the second i did it!

I calmly got back into bed, rewond family guy back and after about two minutes it sunk in! I was elated!! Wish my OH had been there with me, but hey! maybe next time!

I was due on, on the Friday and normally I'm like clockwork, so I told OH on the Sunday and he said 'oh my god you're pregnant!'

Told him not to be so silly, but on the Monday while I was shopping I picked up 2 cheapy tests for £1.99.

Did the first one, was still sat on the loo with the test on the floor in front of me, I nearly died when it showed a BFP!!

I drank loads of water, then did the other test in the pack, that showed up positive too!

Rang OH and said "Erm, I've done 2 cheapy tests and they look positive"

He said he would pop into a chemists on the way home from work and get me a more expensive type.

Not even an hour later, he comes bursting through the front door armed with a test, so I went to the loo again and came round the door looking sheepish and handed him the test which was positive.

He was sooooooooo happy, gave me a hug and was teary.

Then he proceeded to strut around the house with a big cheesey grin on his face, saying, 'Who's the Daddy?!', and 'suck my fully functioning balls' (which is a line from Two pints of lager) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry it was so long, but there ya go! xxx

We were on our way back from a trip in the truck and trying to plan the next weekend (his son would be visiting) and I started to think... Started to count... Than looked at OH and asked him to stop at the store. This was at 11pm or so and I bought a two pack. When we got home, I hadn't gone pee for a few hours so I decided that I would do one right there. I saw the positive and was actually quite surprised because at that time the previous year I had a random cycle that I was 54 days late on

Then he proceeded to strut around the house with a big cheesey grin on his face, saying, 'Who's the Daddy?!', and 'suck my fully functioning balls' (which is a line from Two pints of lager) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry it was so long, but there ya go! xxx

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i love reading these, such happy moments for everyone

We had been trying and I was 4 days late for AF but kept showing negative tests. Took another one that morning and walked off because I fully expected another negative, Stan stood there staring at it and said (in a shocked voice) "it's positive" :rofl: Don't know why he was so surprised

we were newly weds ;-) and couldnt wait for a new addition to our family. i came of my pill in the june and we really began trying after our wedding in the august. got me BFP on the 10th october. DH was at work and i had some tests in the cupboard after waking up and thorowing up i decided to do one just in case. it was positive!!!!!!! I then did the other 3 in the cupboard all positive. i rang DH shaking the whole time he calmly said 'thats nice love, im a bit busy can i ring u back' 5mins later he rang back and shouted 'WHOS THE DADDY' LOL. i then ran round my neighbours and asked her check the test for me as i couldnt believe it. i still remember the feeling. we went out for dinner that night.

We were TTC and my sister had been bugging me to test early. I was due to test on the friday (which was already early!) and she brought 2 CB digis to my work on the monday and demanded I tested!!! I knew it was too early and refused to waste CB digis!!! I had an internal job interview on the tuesday and decided I would test on the weds morning but I really didnt think it would be a BFP. I had no sypmtoms at all! I left the test at the side of my bed for the morning and got up and peed on it fully expecting 'not pregnant'....when it said 'pregnant' my heart skipped a beat. I took it in to the bedroom in shock and passed it to my hubby and said 'what does that say????'......he just replied 'Arent you clever baby....' :cloud9:

x

My period was late but I didn't feel pregnant, when it was well over a week late I bought a tesco test on my way home from night shift and phoned my husband who was already in work, did it while on the phone together and.... nothing not even the line that shows the test worked.

He bought me another tesco one but I couldn't be bothered when I got in from night shift the next morning, so I did it when i got up that afternoon and I wasn't even finished wee-ing on it when both lines came up really dark :bfp: yay! And we :sex: a few times to celebrate then got up out of bed!

this is a great thread!

I just decided to do one, randomly. I'd been feeling a bit off but we hadn't been trying and I didn't think I would get pregnant naturally. I had been messing about with my pill but I honestly didn't think it'd be positive.

It was. So I went into town. It was a sunday and there was minutes to spare before boots closed. I bought a twin pack of tests. Did one in a toilet in town, positive. One at home. Positive. Next day I rang my dr in a panic who just said 'not good...really not good' and I decided never to go and see her again as I thought it was a mean thing to say! We weren't planning Alasdair but I was ecstatic to be pregnant :)

I remember it like it was yesterday! 26th Feb 08! I was one week late and decided to buy a test, I finished work early and brought a test from the pharmacy, their own make and was going to wait for my OH to finish work before i did it but i couldnt!!! So i did it.. and the line came up straight away! I dropped the test and ran to read the instructions again because i thought it couldnt be right, but it was! I didnt know whether to scream or jump up and down with happiness! I text my OH and said.. 'Im pregnant' and he said 'O..Wow..Really?' i stood at the door with the test when he came in from work and he gave me a big big hug =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->