A Thread for Rainbow Baby Mommies! (Graduated from TTC and PG!)

JennyNBaby

Pregnant with 1st
Reaction score
:wave: This is a continuation of a thread that was started back in January 2012 for ladies who all went through the pain of miscarriages. Several of us got our BFP's, and we've been celebrating rainbow babies since Dec. 2012. We have a small group who stuck around to the finish line, and we have had many great ladies come and go throughout the last year and a half. We've had a great time encouraging and supporting one another through the many ups and downs life deals. We just celebrated the birth of our 8th and final rainbow baby on 6/6/13, and we find it only makes sense to start a baby thread to keep our group alive and in touch...plus meet more mommies along the way! :)

As for me, I lost a baby on our 2nd wedding anniversary Jan 1, 2012. I got my rainbow BFP in Aug 1, 2012. Our precious daughter was born April 14, 2013. I couldn't have dreamt up a better baby!! I am a mommy on :cloud9:.

Anything goes in here! We talk about all things baby, marriage, & life in general!

I will keep the first page here updated with a list of who we have & baby info!

Jenny :pink: Lynn Marie born 04/14/2013
Leo :pink: Ava born 11/08/12
Krippy :blue: Raif born ...
Jess :pink: Kadence born 02/12/13
Ex :blue: Tyler born 12/19/12
Kelly :pink: Lexi born 3/13/13

That's so sweet, and nice to see you continuing the group!

Can I just ask, I'm probably inexperienced haha but what's a rainbow baby if you don't mind me asking?

Can we join if we weren't a part of the original group?

Hi Leo and Krippy! Yes join us!

Just like a rainbow was a sign of promise after the storm, after a loss of a child a mother keeps hope that she will see a rainbow after her storm...a rainbow baby. :)

Leo congrats on your baby Ava! I bet the last ten months have flown. Feel free to post baby pics, lots of them! :haha:

Krippy I see u had two losses. I know that is awful to go through. So glad u have a bundle of joy to love. You will enjoy this group.

I love that we are keeping our original thread alive! After such a journey, I think it would be sad if we all lost touch.

I lost our first baby on Jan. 3rd, 2012, my first day back to work after Christmas holidays. It was a tough few months and we were advised to wait awhile before trying again. So I went on BCP for a couple of months and we got our BFP on June 3rd, 2012. I gave birth to our little rainbow girl on February 12th, 2013... Ashley Kadence... and she is just perfect!

Hi Margarita! Happy you found us! Congrats on your baby boy! :) I see you are exclusively pumping. Do you pump multiple times a day to keep the milk going? Something I've been curious about. I normally only pump about a bottle a day and nurse the rest of the time. My girlie actually smiles at my boob. hahaha

Jess, you're the first from our thread to pop in! :) I'm excited about our new adventure in Baby Thread Land!

Hi Margarita! Happy you found us! Congrats on your baby boy! :) I see you are exclusively pumping. Do you pump multiple times a day to keep the milk going? Something I've been curious about. I normally only pump about a bottle a day and nurse the rest of the time. My girlie actually smiles at my boob. hahaha

Thank you! We are so blessed to have DS in our lives after 2+ years TTC and a miscarriage at 9 weeks. DS is a little mini me - looks exactly the way I did when I was a baby. :) I'm so thankful to have had this forum to help me through the loss of our baby. It's sad that often times family and friends are just not supportive (some don't know how to be and some just want you to get over it already). :(

Yes, I pump 4 times a day for about 20 minutes. I'm also taking domperidone to keep my supply up. I produce (geez, sound like a cow) an average of about 35 ounces a day. Some days that's not enough and we have to supplement with formula. :) Though I wish I could have made breastfeeding work (not for lack of trying), I'm glad to have been able to give DS breastmilk.

I trying breast feeding and it just didn't work. I tried pumping... and I pumped multiple times a day for maybe an ounce... depressing :( So now I exclusively formula feed.

I am hoping this cycle my body will finally be regulated. My GP thinks I shouldn't have bled so much on my last pack of bcp so I don't know what is up with that. I feel bloated all the time and feel I have gained weight and now recently my hair has started falling out :S

Jenny - What are your plans for DH for Fathers day? LOL My Mothers Day wasn't great but I am still cooking a nice meal and I did get him a camo ball hat and a card from Kadence. I just got part of my Mothers Day gift today (A North Face jacket) so I am sure he will understand having to wait for a gift :p

Hi Leo and Krippy! Yes join us!

Just like a rainbow was a sign of promise after the storm, after a loss of a child a mother keeps hope that she will see a rainbow after her storm...a rainbow baby. :)

Leo congrats on your baby Ava! I bet the last ten months have flown. Feel free to post baby pics, lots of them! :haha:

Krippy I see u had two losses. I know that is awful to go through. So glad u have a bundle of joy to love. You will enjoy this group.

Thank you for the welcome! We lost our first son at almost 40 weeks September 2011 due to undiganosed late onset gestational diabetes and then I had an early loss before we conceived our rainbow, Raif, who was born this December. He is such a joy! I am glad to find a group of rainbow babies and their mamas! :)

I'm here! :happydance:

We sadly lost our first baby on the 4th January 2012 at around 6 weeks. We got our 2nd BFP on 2nd April 2012 and our beautiful Son, Tyler James Wrigley was born on the 19th December 2012, 9 days late, we are still on :cloud9:

I'm here Jenny Lexi born 03~13~13!

My DH and I did ICSI to have our second baby, she was diagnosed with a rare condition at the 12 week scan. We tried inutero fetal surgery at 18 weeks to help her survive but sadly lost our first daughter, Hannah, the next day. 13 is a special number for us. We lost Hannah Jan friday the 13th/2012 only to do our second ICSI cycle and get our BFP again on July friday the 13th/2012 and then to go on to have our second daughter, Lexi Serena, on march 13th/2013 (healthy of course). So you can see what I mean. <3

Welcome to those who are new to our group and sorry for your losses.

When I asked what a rainbow baby was all that time ago someone posted this for me:

"Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope."

When I asked what a rainbow baby was all that time ago someone posted this for me:

"Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope."

That's beautiful - thanks for sharing!

Your welcome :) It holds very true for me, as I'm still grieving for Hannah but also enjoying and loving all the time I get with Lexi.

Kelly I love that rainbow baby definition. I need to save that. And isn't that crazy how 13 just keeps popping up?!

Krippy I'm sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard that has been for you to go through. I know you must be so thankful for the precious son u have. I would love to see pictures!

Margarita, I also feel like a factory/cow/science project many days! Lol. Esp if I pump a bottle and examine my output. :haha: I feel blessed to be able to BF though, such a great experience.

It is fun to be out of the "loss" thread section....the reality of all the blessings we have is great. I am still on cloud nine.

Baby girl turned two months yesterday. 12lb 6oz. 23.5inches. Growing so fast!! I am so in love with her. I just want to stop time and have more moments of her being small.

Wonder how Army is doing... (She had her baby Daniel on the 6th).

Every time I see someone heavily pregnant I feel happy I am not...esp in this heat! I do miss the movement though.

Jenny looks like we have the rolly polly babies of the group lol.

Thank you Jenny! It was and is very hard...I take every day as it comes and my second son is my joy that keeps me going, definitely my rainbow. He is 6.5 months and around 17 pounds, not chubby but already in 12 months clothes. Long and solid my main man is...Here are some pics! The last is from a babywearing photoshoot where he didn't smile once, he is a little shy with strangers!

I am really excited to be part of this group! I am sorry for all of your losses and am so happy for all of your rainbows! I want to see pics too!

Attachments

• IMG-20130417-00042.jpg
    IMG-20130417-00042.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20130506-00098.jpg
    IMG-20130506-00098.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20130518-00137.jpg
    IMG-20130518-00137.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 945921_10152927508700254_420458855_n.jpg
    945921_10152927508700254_420458855_n.jpg