A thread for the Hypothyroid sufferers!

taylorttc

Reaction score
Hello, just a little thread for those suffering with Hypothyroidism/under active thyroid- :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I am currently 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant, have my 12 week scan on 28th January I shall be around 12+3 – :cloud9:

I found out I was Hypothyroid around 2 & a half/3 years ago, and had a long battle to get my levels on track and in control, which was really difficult with all the side effects AND of course TTC. However after 2 & a half years of a mixture of TTC & NTNP we got our BFP’s early December!!! Such a relief and excitement, we were ecstatic and still are, even more so :kiss:

When I first seen my Midwife she referred me to the consultants who would see me throughout my pregnancy alongside the midwife, and I had my first consultant appointment.
What I want to say for all those suffering and worrying and being concerned is please please please try not to worry about care etc. because I can assure you that once you meet the consultant you will be so relieved,

They checked all my blood results, upped my dose of Thyroxine from 175 to 200mg a day, prescribed me iron tablets as my iron is a bit on the low side and they also said they are going to arrange growth scans for weeks 28 & week 34 – They take a lot of care and attention and we are not left alone to worry, :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will see them every 4 weeks and have my bloods checked at this time, as well as extra scans and also normal midwife appointments,

I would love to talk with anyone who suffers with this and is currently pregnant or TTC?

Speak soon lovelies x
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hiya!! I've had two pregnancies with hypothyroid and am ttc my third (very casually though!). They really looked after me, monitored my bloods etc. I didn't have growth scans so not sure if that's a new thing or to do with what area you're in.
It's great you've finally got your bfp! I heard it can hinder your fertility but I was very lucky to conceive fairly quickly with my two.

Hypothyroidism over here! High tsh levels caused my first 2 miscarriages. Was very closely monitored with my daughter bc we could never get my tsh under a 4. This time around my tsh is 0.845 which is the lowest it's ever been in my life.

This past summer my tsh was stuck at 9 and previous summer it was dangerously high at 32.5 even on my medication.

I've found out that when I'm extraordinarily stressed is when we can't get my levels down so I had to leave my career and became a sahm.

I have hypothyroidism! I am 10w with my first. I see an endocrinologist regularly and take 50mg of Levothyroxine on weekdays, 100mg on weekends. I get bloodwork done regularly to monitor my levels. My first appt with my endo since I got pregnant is on Monday so we will see what they say. When I had my first OB appt, they rated me as moderate risk pregnancy because of my thyroid but the midwife said she really wasn't that concerned since I'm being monitored by my endo.

Reading stuff about thyroid/being pregnant does get me a little nervous but so far so good!

I am awaiting confirmation that I am hypo. Had elevated TSH and going to lab to recheck tomorrow. This was really freaking me out so I am super thankful for your positive stories ladies!

I'm hyper :( so WTT until I get things sorted . Good to hear good news stories ;)

Just found out I'm pregnant yesterday.

I'm not hypo or hyper yet, but I have Hashimotos. So I went and found a high risk OB for my preconception. I'm not on any medication at this time, but that will probably change soon. The OB was really nice and positive, and basically just said keep taking the vitamins, we will monitor, and I should have a healthy pregnancy.

Thanks for bringing this up! I'm hypo as well, and have been diagnosed over 10 years ago. I was mostly on a low dose since then. When I spoke with the GP over the phone a week ago, she said not to worry and that they will test my bloods, when I come in for my first midwife appointment (which will be around 7 weeks). I'm worried, because of what it says on patient.co.uk: "Women already on thyroxine before pregnancy should have their dose increased by approximately 30% at the beginning of pregnancy and have TSH and T4 levels checked every eight weeks". I understand this as needing to up my dose already.

What everyone else's doctors are saying? What's the common practice?

I will try and get an appointment with my GP this week, but would love to hear your experiences.

Ttc and have congenital hypothroidism, I was born with it 25 years ago. I not only worried about myself when I do fall preg and also the health of my baby. I already take 175mg daily. I have a massive history in my family of this condition and another family memeber born with it. The chance of a baby being born with it is 1 in 3,500 and we have two of us in the same family. I just really hope they look after me when I do fall preg. How soon did u ladies get a Positive test and did u go doctors straight away? I have just O'd so hoping this month is our month.

Depends on doctor, but from what I've read, women with thyroid issues need to get their levels checked as soon as they get the bfp.

I have to wait to get my pregnancy bloodwork until my insurance kicks in, but I just paid for my thyroid test out of pocket because my doctor said I needed that one. I'm hoping it's okay. I haven't had my meds changed in quite a while, but the only thing that concerns me is that I initially lost 10 pounds in my early pregnancy and was wondering if it was thyroid related...baby looks healthy so far, so just awaiting my bloodwork results.

I just went to see my GP and asked her whether I should have a blood test now. She said that it is absolutely fine to wait for another 2-3 weeks until I see a midwife. As I understood, my blood test will be done then. After that I will be referred to an endocrinologist, who will work alongside the midwife and will take care of this during my pregnancy. My GP said that my last test results (from May 2014) were well within the norm, almost on the lower side, so there shouldn't be any issues now.

What a relief :) I was really worried about this.

That is good news :) I'm hoping for good news with my next blood draw so I can get back to ttc :)

Hi ladies!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2011 after suffering 2 miscarriages ( I was told it may have been a result of my hypo). I was medicated on a low dose and my levels have been spot on since then.

I am now 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. My doctor has said women don't usually get referred until 16 weeks... I am really confused. My medication hasn't been increased and I haven't had any bloods to check my levels.

My previous losses were at 8 and a half weeks so what is the point of not checking my levels or adjusting my medication until way after that?

I am seriously worried and if anything happens because I have been left like this after reading "Women already on thyroxine before pregnancy should have their dose increased by approximately 30% at the beginning of pregnancy and have TSH and T4 levels checked every eight weeks". I understand this as needing to up my dose already, which it hasn't been.

:cry::cry:

I just went to see my GP and asked her whether I should have a blood test now. She said that it is absolutely fine to wait for another 2-3 weeks until I see a midwife. As I understood, my blood test will be done then. After that I will be referred to an endocrinologist, who will work alongside the midwife and will take care of this during my pregnancy. My GP said that my last test results (from May 2014) were well within the norm, almost on the lower side, so there shouldn't be any issues now.

What a relief :) I was really worried about this.

What a relief reading this!! My levels were also on the lower side when I was last tested, but after reading this "Women already on thyroxine before pregnancy should have their dose increased by approximately 30% at the beginning of pregnancy and have TSH and T4 levels checked every eight weeks". I understood this as needing to up my dose already. Which really worried me as I haven't been increased or even had a blood test.

Maybe the levels don't rise until after this point and so early bloods or increase aren't needed? Some women got increased right away so that left me stressing. I am going to call my midwife in a few hours and speak to her about this but thank you for letting me know what your doctor said as it has settled my mind :hugs:

Hi again ladies!

After speaking to my midwife she's got me an appointment in a few days (ill be 6 weeks and 3 days) to see a consultant at the hospital antenatal services. Feeling relieved!

I just found out I am pregnant on 1/25. I am 4 weeks and conceived through assisted conception. I have been Hypothyroid since I was 21, and I am now 35. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for three years and have had 4 failed IVFs, our 5th one was successful. I am super paranoid and worried about early first trimester loss bc of how hard it was to conceive. I dont have a scan of the baby until 6 weeks on 2/10 and on that same day I have my thyroid doctors appt with my endo. Bu they told me to report for labs this monday 2/2. So anxious and impatient to hear all is okay.....

Khadijah-x : Any update with you? I also am mildly hypothyroid and they discovered it after my twin miscarriage at 8.5 weeks (after IVF). Genetic testing on both twins came back normal as did my recurrent pregnancy loss blood work so the miscarriage was unexplained. I have since started synthroid. Would love to hear if this has helped you!

Hi ladies I am also hypo and just got my bfp! This is my second pregnancy so just to reassure some of you I had my bloods taken at about 5 weeks last time, and my gp wasn't overly concerned about it, didn't rush it. I then got it checked regularly (can't remember how often) and my dosage was never increased at all during the whole pregnancy. Lo was born healthy at 40wks. I still take 100 daily. My thyroid wasn't at issue at my stage x

Followed up with my endo on 2/10 and she decided to leave my meds the same. I had lost about 18 lbs prior to conceiving so she said I am good for now but If I gain more then 5 lbs before my next appt the first week in March to get my labs done sooner. Just thought I would let you all know that are concerned about seeing your endo when you first test positive. I was certain she would change my does but it stayed the same anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->