a toy question or 2

S

Siyren

how many toys would you say your little one has out available to them at a time/ how many would you say they need? - we've always rotated lyssa's toys when we feel she is getting bored of them, but im now wondering if she STILL has too many out at a time, as she's not playing much atm, more moving stuff around the living room. (she's 2)

also after a comment by my mum today, im doubting myself, she thinks lyssa will lose out by not having the latest new thing (a leappad/innotab was the item in question) im more into open ended toys and think lyss gets more out of them (no judgement meant to anyone who has one for their child, just my personal preference, and knownng my daughter)- she jsut doesnt liek the electronic stuff very much- gets bored quite quickly

so do you think im doing her harm by not buying stuff like that for her?

thanks!

i think she may be abit young for the inotab really im sure its age 4 pluss.

my lo has a bucket of toys and a box and a pile off teddys my living room looks like a toy shop in corner hehe then i have boxes stacked in the cubourd and we rotate the boxes weekly.

My LO has lots of toys but I just bring a few things downstairs then rotate them every couple of days (looking at what's out at the moment he has 3 cars, a couple of teddies, a little set of Waybuloo books, a maracca, a toy phone, and a shoe box with a photo of me, my H and LO, a comb, a leaf and a plastic spider inside).

I have found that if I put the toys all in one place he doesn't touch them but if I spread them out and put them in different places around the lounge he goes from one toy to another and back again-I think it can be overwhelming if there are too many toys out at once.

There are lots of toys that I am sure my LO would love that we don't have but that's what's great about toddler groups and play dates at other people's houses, as they can play with lots of different toys.

I don't think your LO is missing out at all and at the end of the day there is no point spending lots of money on a toy that you know she wont play with. This age is great because toddlers show every bit as much excitement about a stick they find outside as they do an expensive toy!

Callum's toys are split between his bedroom and the lounge. I put him in both rooms multiple times a day. All his toys (except walker, mega bloks, activity table...) are under his cot in his bedroom and he goes under there and chooses whatever he wants (there's about 25 under there but he uses about 4 :rofl:)

In the lounge he has a toybox but also some toys sitting on top of the toybox. He cannot open the box himself so I alter which toys are on the top every so often so he can play with them (there is about 8 on the top at one time) x

oh and I definitely don't think it's bad for you to not get her those things. I mean, she's TWO. I cannot imagine a two year old managing to understand it all by themselves.

All Callum's toys are cars (well any vehicle with wheels), play balls, those toys that you press a button and they pop up in a row, shape sorters, stacking rings etc

Omar has a play room. All his toys are around. He chooses the toys he wants to play with.

he also uses my Ipad, he knows which apps are his & he doesnt touch mine. All of them are educational & he learns alot from them.

taylor isnt intertsed in electronic toys tbh and hes 4 :shrug:
you know lyssa best so do what you think is right despite what anyone else says, your her mother.

We have a little leather stool/chair with a lid its about 2 foot high and they keep there toys in there.
If it gets too a point were it over fills the kids pick which ones they wanna keep downstairs and we take the rest upstairs.

i have to sort out all there toys this week to make way for newbies from mr c.

Charlie has lost interest in a lot of his toys recently - so I gave the ones he doesn't play with any more into a local playcentre. He really isn't interested in electronic toys at all (except my laptop for songs and Yo gaba gaba) so I wouldn't worry that you don't have these things for her yet - no point in spending loads of money on stuff they are not interested in. Charlie spent half an hour today playing with a huge box of costume jewelry of mine and loved it! :flow:

thanks girls i feel a bit better now, lyss has way too many toys so we always have roatated them
currently in the lounge she has out

a dolls house,
aquadoodle
4 books
megabloks
little people farm, and a random collection of plastic animals that my mum gave her
some musical instruments
and her rubens barn doll

all of which she loves x

Amelie has a trillion toys out but I store then behind the couch and they go into toy box or backpacks everynight. She plays with it all and often goes in search for a specific toy.

Think its silly of your mum to suggest its mean to not get her an innotab when lyssa has no idea they even exsist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->