A walking thread

9 months first steps
10 months comfortably walking
it was a very slow progression. she started at 2 steps, then 5, then up to ten. she was doing that just taking ten steps for a while before she turned 10months. then she met a toddler that could walk and she never crawled again. she already was able to walk a little so this just inspired her and she got better and better from there.

just keep doing the hold out your arms trick of show her videos of other babies walking, that should encourage her.

Thomas started standing unaided about a week ago, and took his first steps on Sunday morning. He's done the odd few steps here and there, but not confident enough to do much else yet.

Hiya!!

Our babies are exactly the same age and starting standing and pulling on furniture at the exact same time! That's really cool! :D

Alexa has finally grown confident enough to start walking between her dad and I about 4-6 steps. We just make it really exciting, I stand her up, and dada holds his arms out to her, and she'll walk to him, when we catch her we toss her up, yell, "yay" and give her little tickles.

This excited her so she wanted to keep walking back and forth, each time we did the same thing to encourage her. She was really enjoying it and started to get overly excited and was trying to run and laughing and ended up falling down. I was afraid this would hurt her confidence, but instead of letting her know, "Oh noo!! My poor baby fell!" I laughed and said Utt ohhsss! and she laughed back, realizing falling really isn't that bad and it doesn't really hurt.

Maybe letting him fall every now and then, as long as it's on his bum he will realize it is ok to fall sometimes.

I'm sure our little ones just might be walking before Christmas or during Christmas. Good luck!! :D

My daughter was the same as your little one just a little ealier stood up on furniture from about 7months cruises soon after but would only take a step or two on own. She's now walking unaided. what I did wad put her back against the sofa sit a few baby steps away and encourage him to walk. Can also be done between 2 people

Chloe took 8steps unaided for about 2months before walking unaided properly the unaided walking came quicker once she'd learnt to stand from sitting on the floor without needing to pull up then it came fully within the week

My LO was cruising at 7 months, standing alone at 9 months, taking steps at 10 months and walking properly at 11 and half months, every baby is different though. My friends little boy didnt crawl until he was 11 months and now at 12 months is learning to walk by himself x

Yup, would agree with letting him do it at his own pace - but plenty of cheering when he does it!

Xavier was pulling to stand at 8 months and cruising a few days later. So he's been confidently crusing for a good five months (and crawling for six months), but only took his first steps last week at 13.5 months. He hasn't progressed any further yet. Once a day we'll normally see him do one lot of 2-4 steps and that's it. He hasn't been standing unaided prior to him taking his first steps either (he stood unaided once for 4 seconds at my mum's a couple of weeks ago but that's it).

DS is 15 months and only getting confident enough to take maybe 3 steps on his own now without holding my hand, cruising or dropping down to the floor instead. I'm not at all worried, my friend's girl is exactly the same age and walked before she was one, now she wants to run everywhere. As I have a newborn I'm not relishing when DS wants to do that!

-How old were your LO/'s when they started walking - 14 months
- How long after first steps until they were confident enough to walk properly - 3months
- Was it progressive or did it happen "overnight" - Progressive, he took his first steps at 11 months but didnt actually walk properly for a long period of time until he was 14 months old x He started off holding on to the furniture, then would walk along against the walls then evetually just carried on walking without anything for support x

18 months, and 2 weeks later she could walk unaided x

Alfie was about nine or ten months when he took his first steps and just before his first birthday he became so confident and now walks when we go to the local shops he gets tired after about ten or fifteen minutes. It just all of a sudden happened really obviously I've always tried to encourage him but he just took it at his own pace iykwim. Xx

Alfie was about nine or ten months when he took his first steps and just before his first birthday he became so confident and now walks when we go to the local shops he gets tired after about ten or fifteen minutes. It just all of a sudden happened really obviously I've always tried to encourage him but he just took it at his own pace iykwim. Xx

happy birthday alfie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->