A week old baby killed by a Jack Russel

mayb_baby

Reaction score
This is so sad

https://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/21/family-baby-boy-killed-by-dog

I have to admit I cannot comprehend how this could happen, my mum had a mini Schnauzer when Michael was very young I wouldn't allow it in the same room and she has a great temperament.
My heart breaks for the family
RIP little Harry

oh my god. that broke my heart!!!!

poor poor family!!!!

i agree a child should never be left with any dog. you just never know what may happen.

i feel so sad after reading that.

I read this earlier today, it's so sad. Poor little boy. I actually messaged my OH it as his mum has a dog and I wanted to make him aware of the dangers.

I have a chihuahua and I adore him, I trust him with Michael as he really is not a threat but Michael is almost two, but never alone. Would I trust him close to a newborn? Noway.
He has never bitten or snapped ever and is such a softie (not yappy etc.) you just can't be 100% of any animal.
It's such a tragedy for the family :(

iv felt sad all day after reading about this this morning. poor little baby and his poor family.

i just wonder how many times it has to be in the news before people stop trusting dogs around their kids. even the softest dog can unexpectedly snap.

It's so so sad. I have two small dogs and trust them but this is a serious reality check :(

Sorry to gatecrash - I have twins and three big dogs. The boys are nearly three and have NEVER been left unsupervised! I love them all and for anything to happen to any member of my family whether furry or human well
Would be my fault! Stair gates is all it takes. No dog should be trusted they are animals and we should always remember that

I do feel sorry for them but part of me wonders what goes through some peoples heads- newborn baby and dog- not a good idea is it and it's not exactly rocket science..

Sooo heartbreaking :( Fly high little angel, too precious for this world x

Sorry to gatecrash - I have twins and three big dogs. The boys are nearly three and have NEVER been left unsupervised! I love them all and for anything to happen to any member of my family whether furry or human well
Would be my fault! Stair gates is all it takes. No dog should be trusted they are animals and we should always remember that

Your not gate crashing lol I have a toddler and no babies :p
I agree no dog should be left unattended with little ones

This has me in tears, the baby was born on Sophies due date. Poor gorgeous little boy.

I'm not so sure the baby was left unsupervised? it seems a bit vague in the news but I did read that the baby was just bitten not mauled or attacked? So, even more scary to be honest as how did this happen? They could have had the baby with them and the dog bit him, so really I think its a case of yes, never leave a small child alone with a dog and perhaps in this case, also never leave a baby in a place where a dog can get access to them?

Yeah, I have seen people 'show' the baby to a dog.
It's a bit sketchy as to how it happened, I have to say Dezireey I love your avatar it's soooo cute

I'm not so sure the baby was left unsupervised? it seems a bit vague in the news but I did read that the baby was just bitten not mauled or attacked? So, even more scary to be honest as how did this happen? They could have had the baby with them and the dog bit him, so really I think its a case of yes, never leave a small child alone with a dog and perhaps in this case, also never leave a baby in a place where a dog can get access to them?

There was a story about a dog in Alberta that killed a baby with a single bite. In the end they decided that the dog was actually trying to help the baby when he was crying (that breed picked up their pups by grabbing them by the head). The baby was in his crib and seemingly every precaution was met.

So yes, it doesn't have to be anyone's fault or oversight. Sometimes tragic accidents are just that.

Yeah, I have seen people 'show' the baby to a dog.
It's a bit sketchy as to how it happened, I have to say Dezireey I love your avatar it's soooo cute

Thanks hun :) they are my two labs and even though they are the daftest things, I never leave them alone with LO and if he is e.g on my bed, with me in the room, the door is shut to not allow the dogs in, they are also not allowed in the lounge when he is having tummy time. I do get worried when I read about stuff like this when you have dogs / pets but of course most of the time, things are fine and most well cared for and loved pets are just lovely with kids. I do feel sad when something like this happens :nope:

Yeah I know what you mean OH told me about this story as Halo (my chihuahua) was on my lap and Michael started to climb the other side of me and they were sat together on my knee.
Michael is two and LOVES Halo, in all honesty I am more worried with Michael hurting Halo as he such a scaredy little dog but I would never leave them unattended.
I do trust Halo when I am in the room 100% as he is a dog and he does know his place, but Michael is two and Halo is 5-6lb and is tiny. His teeth/jaw are tiny and he is fully vaccinated so I know he really doesn't pose a deathly threat but as I said he is a dog and will not be around Michael alone.
OH wants a Husky and I love big dogs but if we get one he will be an outdoor dog, as they are made for cold weather.
A part of me wonders if it was a bite was the bite deadly (could of been a vital spot)? Or was the dog unvaccinated?
I hate seeing pets unvaccinated around children

There was a story about a dog in Alberta that killed a baby with a single bite. In the end they decided that the dog was actually trying to help the baby when he was crying (that breed picked up their pups by grabbing them by the head). The baby was in his crib and seemingly every precaution was met.

So yes, it doesn't have to be anyone's fault or oversight. Sometimes tragic accidents are just that.

But then that poses the question why was the dog in the room/how it got in the room?/where were the parents?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->