A year later...fertility drugs?

peanutbear

Please stay little bean!
Reaction score
So I know that the general rule is for someone to ttc for one year before most doctors will do any intervention in helping someone get pregnant. I've been ttc for one year- but I've had two pregnancies/losses. One was a miscarriage and the other was an ectopic. Would my doctor prescribe me drugs to help me get pregnant or would he most likely wait until a year after my last pregnancy?

Even though I've been pregnant, I feel like I have a year with nothing definite to show and I know that some ladies don't even have a pregnancy within one year (I feel for you in that situation). It doesn't change the fact that I still don't have a baby and I deperately want a family.

What are your experiences?

Not sure. My ob mentioned something to me about that at my checkup appt but I was a bit emotional and I can't remember exactly what she said to me. :shrug:

Guess it depends on where you live. I know my fertility doctor would definitely help out someone who has been TTC for 1 year+ and only had miscarriages. I certainly wish I could refer my fertility doctor to everyone because he is the most wonderful person I have ever met! It's not too often that you find a doctor that listens to you and truly wants you to be pregnant.

Does your insurance cover infertility treatment?? If so, does it require you to get a referal from your obgyn? I would say start doing some research online and find a reproductive endocrynologist in your area ... read patient reviews!!

Good luck!

I just know some people that did one month of clomid-like drugs and got pregnant within that month. I want that. It just seems like it took so long to get pregnant after my miscarriage and then that pregnancy was bad luck I guess and was an ectopic. I sometimes question if I'm ovulating because I get positive opks for like 4 days (not sure if thats normal). I'm scared to even talk to it about my doctor- he makes me feel like I'm bothering him with some things. I guess I can only try- I'm probably due for a yearly exam anyway.

I haven't even checked our insurance- I'm just assuming it isn't covered because it isn't for most people.

Ya, my insurance does not cover it at all.

Therefore, I did not need a referral. I just looked up an RE in my area that got really good reviews and made an appointment. He sat down with me and ran a bunch of tests...ie: blood work, pelvic exam, HSG etc. He then gave me a "plan of conception" that consisted of MANY plans. For example if plan "A" didn't work we had a plan "B". I left his office feeling very optimistic that I would be pregnant VERY soon (and I was).

Maybe just schedule a consultation with an RE in your area. Can't hurt anything and maybe they can give you a PLAN! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->