a year off :D

Lilbean2

Reaction score
So last night was my last day at work... mat leave starts today and I'll be off for for year ,the feeling I feel is like no other, I'm over the moon woop woop... not long till baby now :D

now it's mission get baby out on time lol

I remember that feeling :) Enjoy your year!

It's a great feeling! I finish next Friday and with all my leave and a year maternity I don't go back until jan 2016!!

It's an amazing feeling! Especially now since we have lots of time to prepare for the holidays in the next months! Today I plan to bake up a storm because it's freezing outside!

I must say I get SOOOOOOOOO jealous reading these threads... I would love to have that kind of time! :hugs:

Enjoy your year! What an amazing feeling that must be :cloud9:

Ahh that's great, hope you enjoy some 'you time' before baby arrives!

I'm From UK but living in NZ and over here maternity leave is awful! 14 weeks is the maximum you get with pay. Anything over that is zero pay and can only be up to 20 weeks. Awful!

How exciting! What a great feeling that must be :dance:

I'm From UK but living in NZ and over here maternity leave is awful! 14 weeks is the maximum you get with pay. Anything over that is zero pay and can only be up to 20 weeks. Awful!

In my experience and as far as I know, mat leave in NZ is up to a year, but only 14 weeks paid - anything after 14 weeks is unpaid :)

In my experience and as far as I know, mat leave in NZ is up to a year, but only 14 weeks paid - anything after 14 weeks is unpaid :)

Oh ok, my HR lady told me it was only up to 20 weeks! Or maybe I've misunderstood her :shrug:
Either way, only 14 weeks paid is pretty crap :-(

Oh ok, my HR lady told me it was only up to 20 weeks! Or maybe I've misunderstood her :shrug:

That's odd! Have you been working for the same company for a year minimum? I agree, 14 weeks does stink, especially considering it's not full wages...I was so hoping for a change in government to extend it :haha:

That's odd! Have you been working for the same company for a year minimum? I agree, 14 weeks does stink, especially considering it's not full wages...I was so hoping for a change in government to extend it :haha:

Yeah, same here! Oh well... At least we get a HUGE extension on it next year... To a whopping 16 weeks! :dohh:
Yeah I've worked for the same company for almost two years now, I think maybe I just misunderstood what I was told... Wouldn't be the first time :wacko:

I finish 2 weeks on Friday and could stay off until Jan 2016 too! But I have a lovely new job lined up for September 2015 with perfect hours so I'm just as happy! Yay to baking up a storm I'll be doing the same as I have my parents coming to stay for Xmas and I'm really looking forward to it! :happydance: yay to maternity leave & meeting our little babies! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->