aaaagh three boys!

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Hi

I have three boys; the eldest is nearly 6 and a half, the middle one is 5 in a couple of weeks and the youngest is 3. I have known other mums with boys who have had it worse but sometimes the boisterousness and silly behaviour of my boys, I really don't see it coming. I am one of 5 girls and while my youngest sister was like this the rest of us were reasonably well behaved (well aside for the fact I had a penchant for playing on the stairs; which resulted in some quite serious falls). A lot of the problem is my six year old; he is very intelligent, level headed and usually polite and courteous but sometimes he can get quite agressive or do very dangerous and silly things without thinking about it. For example a few weeks back my youngest asked him to swing him; and he did right into the corner of the coffee table; which resulted in a trip to A&E and him needing that superglue thing to close the cut. Tonight just as I was asking him and the 4 year old to tidy away a few things before tea; my four year old was apparently 'taking too long' so he took a pencil and poked him in his cheek under his eye, luckily it wasn't actually in or right near his eye and the scary looking cut quickly closed up and was more like a scratch. The pencil was fairly blunt and no fragments broke off it and it didn't look serious to require a trip to A&E, but I was just so horrified and I just wonder what I am doing wrong sometimes. My husband works long hours and is rarely at home when the boys are awake so statistically its unlikely these things would ever happen when he is here; but he does sometimes remark on why do these things never happen on 'his watch'.

Soph

:hugs:

Boys are definitely different than girls! Fearless!

gosh i can so feel where your coming from :hugs:
i have 4 boys and 2 girls the boys being the 4 oldest children.i have had times where i felt i just needed to go and never come back,i found them sooo hard to cope with with.all i can say is it does get easier,but the arguments never stop neither does the constant bickering.My boys are 17,13,11 and 6.all my boys are very active and when younger needed constant watching as there were dare devils and i have spent many an hr in the A&e department.I hate to say this but the games console was a life saver at times..
:hugs: to you hun...
xx

my 3 boys are 10, 11 and 12 now and a huge handful although its slightly easier now theyre older

omg as if your husband said that!! Tell him if he is so awesome maybe he should extend his watch so you can get a break.

ive 2 boys and they are a nigthmare sometimes!!

my youngest especially - i swear he will be a stunt man when he grows up!! threw himselkf off the bed last week and laughed while i had kittens!!!!

have you tried splitting them up and spending half an hour to an hour each day with each child on their own so they are getting special "mummy" time and all 3 are together for less time of the day?

my husband lost his job and had been home for quite a while. His first day back out of the house was last tuesday which of course had to be the day that my youngest of my 3 boys decided to fall off the chair in the kitchen head first and had a huge bump on his head when my husband came home. It was the first accident any of the boys had had in ages. Its just sods law i suppose. lol

:hugs: It must be so hard coping with 3 boys on your own most of the time. Do you use discipline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->