Aaaargh!!! What's with some OH's??

lola84

Waiting To Try
Reaction score
Aaargh!! What is with some OH's that they can't make their minds up!!! :growlmad:

I've not been feeling too great recently - stomach cramps, etc and DF decided to ask me last night "are you pregnant?" Erm....i doubt it!

He then came up behind me while washing the dishes and patted my belly saying "It'd be good if you were wouldn't it? I'd love to be a dad! Can't decide if I'd like a boy or girl more though"

I looked confused at him and said "you wouldn't mind if we were having a baby right now? Ok then shall I throw out the pills and we can try?"

He instantly went: :o "no don't be stupid we shouldn't be trying yet...it's not the right time....I'd be really happy if it happened unexpectedly but I don't feel ready to plan it"

EH?????? What kind of twisted man logic is that??? What difference does it make if it's planned or unexpectedly??? You'll be a father either way...and to be honest I'd rather plan it and be prepared!!! Anyone got something heavy I can knock some sense into him with??

:dohh:

i know EXACTLY how you feel. Sounds like a conversation me and my OH have had!! i do not get their logic either - when you figure it out can you let me know? :hugs: xx

i could of wrote this my self!!

I hate OHs some times!
x

I have decided not even to try and understand 'man logic' - that would be a full-time occupation for us all!!!:wacko:

hah I think The men jsut don't like the idea of trying for a baby, they learnt m babies come if two people love each other and thats where they want to leave it ^^ xD

btw I was quite amazed when Oh knew that I am going to have my af soon. when I was nt even thinking about it , lo, but it is right I did tell hime once when I normally have it but I didnt think hed remembered that,.

I hear ya!!!!!!! OMG I hear ya!

Mine wants another baby, looking forward to when we have one and talks about it with me all the time. And yet, when we have nooky he always pulls out! Im cool with that, Im not pushing him, I want us both on board obviously but decide man!!!

ha ha yep know where your coming from

i can lend you my boot to throw at him that i use for my oh,

my oh will not talk about trying at all but is happy to have one when we have saved a bit of money.
ok so when we have the money will he still not want to talk about it.
It seems our oh's want us to lie to them come off the pill and not say anything until we are pregnant

weird weird men - they never make sense

typical guy :dohh: they are quite confusing...

he probably is nervous at the prospect of the reality of TRYING for a baby and is trying to remain sensible and think about the best time, but at least you know he wants a baby and is looking forward to being a daddy! there is a plus side!! :happydance:

when are you planning on ttc as of right now?

We were planning on December 2011. But then DF said if we get a house as planned next year he wouldn't mind trying early 2011.

I did say "if I quit the pill and didn't tell you - you'd be furious at me when you found out"

Him: "no I wouldn't, I wouldn't mind at all....I just can't do decisions and planning!" :dohh:

Angie79: I'll borrow that boot if ya don't mind lol

Lola, love, you do realise he has just given you the go.ahead to come off the pill dont you? I woud never advise nor condone someone coming off the pill behinf their partners back, but I believe your situation is different. If I were you my BCP would be out the window at about 100pmh!!!!

All it is sweety, is hes saying he is (understandably) nervous about it, its a HUGE deal and you coming off the pill on the quiet is taking the decision out of his hands.

GO GO GO!!!

xxxx

Lol OMG This sounds like my DH a few months ago

I was really broody and wanting to start ttc another baby and he didn't think it was practical at that time but....

always patting my tummy saying 'would be nice though eh?' 'worse things could happen' and 'if it did just happen he would be delighted' And especially when he was a bit tipsy -really unfair, cos then he'd sober up and change his mind.

So I sat him down and told him 'It was NOT just going to happen, i had a coil fitted -which had worked perfectly for 7 years and if we wanted to conceive then we actually had to decide to go for it and get it removed, start folic acid etc'
I am getting on a bit though, so for me waiting much longer really wasn't an option - I am 36. We weren't wtt through any other reasons though like school, work or finance etc, so for us it was either we have another baby or we dont -and we have decided we will.YAY!!

So YAY!! I then started my folic acid, and had my coil removed 2 months later yay!!

Good luck when it does happen hope your wtt and ttc journeys are short. xx

my oh does not care at all if i'm on the pill or not - i think he wants the surprise :dohh:

the boots all yours just let me use a couple more times - lol

oh dear! I think it's just so scary for men, that if it happened, that's fine, they could deal with it but to actually plan it scares the hell out of them! Funny eh!? could you suggest ntnp, that way you are not properly trying and it's just a "if it happens" kind of thing? x

This this what my journal has been full of for the past 10 months

oh dear! I think it's just so scary for men, that if it happened, that's fine, they could deal with it but to actually plan it scares the hell out of them! Funny eh!? could you suggest ntnp, that way you are not properly trying and it's just a "if it happens" kind of thing? x

I second this!:thumbup:

Totally understand, my OH has been bugging me all year to start trying, so when I'm ready to take the plunge he says "Maybe not yet I don't want one" Ehhh? So what was all this year about? Luckily I talked him round to agreeing April time... :D

MEN!

Edit: I think men just find the planning part hard because they know if things go tits up they only have themselves to blame, but when its unplanned it 'just happens'.

I second this!:thumbup:

Oooo I third this :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"