Aarrgghh

4 boys

Reaction score
My little boy has just gone 16 weeks and I think he's teething :nope::nope:

I think it's too early but he's biting on his fits not drinking his milk properly as he wants to bite the teat??
He moaning and crying a lot I've tried calpol to calm him but it's not helping?

Even when I'm just holding him hel try bite suck my shoulder or my arm when I'm supporting him.
He's not ready to hold a toy or teether he just drops it :shrug:

My older boys started teething around 6 months so this is new at this age

Anyone else ???

My baby was teething for months before she cut her first tooth! Apparently it's pre-teething where the teeth start.getting into position and moving up the guns ready to cut...

You are not crazy to think thatat all. Both of my ggirls had teeth by 16 weeks, they started showing signs around 12 weeks. My dd1 jad 8 teeth by 8months and dd2 had 8 teeth at 6 months

My lo is. She is drooling a ton, gnawing on her hand constantly, crabby, sleeping less. dd1 started teething early as well.

Thank you mums :flower:

Have you give your babies anything to bite on he gets so frustrated cos he bites that hard on his fists :cry:

My older boys weren't this bad they managed really well but 'oh boy' this boy really wants to bite :shrug:

Teething gel is rubbish and don't want to keep giving calpol :shrug:

My daughter was showing signs from about 14 weeks and on top of checking everyday for teeth, I'd planned to talk to her doctor about it at her 4 month appointment. Before I could even ask he told me that if she wasn't already, she'd probably soon start having excess saliva, putting things in her mouth, chewing on her hands, toys, anything she can get ahold of, pulling away during feedings and getting distracted easily in general. He said that it was not necessarily a sign of teething, nor was it a sign she wanted to eat food (two things many people assume). Apparently it's just something many babies start to do at that age. Part of a developmental milestone. Some just show signs more than others. Sure enough, she had all those signs and still doesn't have any teeth 2 months later. I'm not saying he isn't teething, he could be, but it may also just be normal behavior.

Chewing is great fun at that age, Scarlett had her first tooth at 4 months and was doing exactly what your lo is from around 10 weeks. I let her chew on my fingers mostly, or gave her a chew toy and held it for her. I now use aston and Parsons (?) teething granules, they really seem to help her when she gets bad.

Not heard of Aston and parsons??

He's started with a temperature so very grumpy :cry::cry:

Got him a little toy teether to bite on but not like he prefers his fists he gets so upset he bites that hard dreading when the teeth come hel have no fingers left :nope::blush:

There's so many designs of teether toys any recommended ??

My daughter was showing signs from about 14 weeks and on top of checking everyday for teeth, I'd planned to talk to her doctor about it at her 4 month appointment. Before I could even ask he told me that if she wasn't already, she'd probably soon start having excess saliva, putting things in her mouth, chewing on her hands, toys, anything she can get ahold of, pulling away during feedings and getting distracted easily in general. He said that it was not necessarily a sign of teething, nor was it a sign she wanted to eat food (two things many people assume). Apparently it's just something many babies start to do at that age. Part of a developmental milestone. Some just show signs more than others. Sure enough, she had all those signs and still doesn't have any teeth 2 months later. I'm not saying he isn't teething, he could be, but it may also just be normal behavior.

This! It's a developmental milestone. I always see it labeled as teething.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->