aarrrgghhh itchy legs!!! anyone else experiencing this??

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Hi ladies i am 9 weeks and as the title says my legs are soooooo itchy!!! Mostly my thighs but my sides of my abdomen and my calves get crazy itchy and I itch to the point of almost bleeding. Is this normal has anyone else experienced this?

The girl I live next door too is 30 weeks pregnant and has a big problem with itching due to a problem with Her liver which has only started since pregnancy (I think she was much further on than you though).

If you have really severe itching (which it sounds like you do) I would see a doctor.

Are you using any creams or lotions? I'm using the palmers stretch mark lotion and I haven't been itchy at all.

I just use a standard moisturiser with no nasties as I have skin allergies. Its mostly at night that I feel the itching but the last 2 days its been during the day as well I couldnt sleep last night it was that bad :( I might have to make a trip to my dr then. I dont have the easiest pregnancies so I hope its nothing!

Try icing your legs if you can't sleep. I find that helps me if ever I'm itchy.

My midwife said if I'm ever extremely itchy all over then I need to call them or tell the doctor. Good luck.

9 weeks is very early for obstetric cholastis to develop, which is the itching related to the liver issue. If you are prone to skin allergies, it could just be hormones upping your sensitivity. I have very irritable skin and around 9 or 10 weeks I found almost all my skin conditions flared up - hives, contact dermatitis, general itching. Eventually everything settled down again. However, having said that, it is probably worth checking in with your doctor to be on the safe side.

I think I am safe the itching has died down some what thank god! This pregnancy has been so different from my last 2 I feel like this is the first time I have been pregnant lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->