Abdominal Cramps/Digestive Issues (probably TMI but help!)

Chiochick

Reaction score
Ok, so, this is going to probably be extra TMI but I don't have a dr appt for another week and I am miserable.
Help!!!
For the last few days, I've been having bad abdominal cramps. I know it's not baby or uterus.
I'm fairly certain it's my intestines.
They feel like they are in knots and it's extremely painful.
Also, along with this, I feel super nauseous.
And it's like all day/half day feeling.
I don't think it's just gas because I know how that feels.
And I don't think it's constipation because I haven't had major issues with that this pregnancy.
And in fact, when I do go, the nausea ramps up even more and I feel like I need to puke.

What is going on??
I eat pretty well and drink plenty of fluids.
My prenatal is an iron free gummy (and my iron is good)

I've spoken to my midwife about this just today. Don't know if you're the same but my toilet habits are really dodgy. This is tmi but I go from being blocked up to having the runs and not much in between. Midwife says it's irritable bowel, combined with diastasis recti (where your stomach muscles split too far - never recovered from my last pregnancy).

I've wondered in the past if I had IBS because I have unpredictable bathroom trips as well.
This, plus split abdominal muscles makes sense.
What did she recommended you do to ease your symptoms?

Basically just be really careful with heavy lifting and how I move. I've been referred for physio. She didn't really say much about the irritable bowel, I suppose there's not much that can be done. Mine's only just come on in pregnancy but I did have it as a teenager. Forgot how horrible it is!

You are probably right that it is just digestive issues, but please do mention this all to your doctor, because abdominal pain and nausea can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Again, yours is sounding a lot more like digestive issues and it's probably nothing, but I just have to mention because my friend was having abdominal pain and ended up having pre-eclampsia. it's always good to mention all your symptoms to your dr! But sorry you're in so much pain for now. Can you call your dr before your appointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->