Abnormal LP spotting - Clomid?

lurdes777

Reaction score
After reading BB for almost a year, here I am with my story:

33.y.o, 12 year old son, TTC#2 for 6 months. Last 3-4 years my cycles changed - exactly at 24 hours after confirmed ovulation (OPK and Sono) - I start spotting and spot all the way till AF. Because I am also temping, I see that my temps stay up while spotting and drop exatly the day AF arrives. LP anywhere from 10-13 days, that is if I consider elevated temps after ovulation to be LP.

What do doctors say - after years of trying to fix the spotting with regulat obgyns I moved to RE. He first did series of blood tests, including genetic, AMH, fragile-x, etc. and the following:
HSG, Hysteroscopy.

ALL tests came back normal. DH also got tested and his results are as follows:

Motility - 61%, Morphology - 7%, Count - 80 mil. RE said that results are good, the volume was a little smaller than it should have been, but said that most likely DH was stressed or dehydrated.

So, the next course of action that my RE proposes - Clomid. Eventhough I ovulate on my own, he said that Clomid might help with the spotting in the luteal phase by producing more quality and more mature eggs.

I am a bit reluctant to start off with Clomid 100mg right of the bat, and thinking of asking for 50mg for the first cycle.

Oh yeah, B-6 and Vitex did not help, I actually had more spotting while taking them.

Anyone else in the same boat with spotting? Taking Clomid? What is your experience with it? Any other ideas?

This Forum is great and many girls have been through a lot. I wish everyone to get pg soon!

I don't have any experience with spotting but just wanted to wish you luck with the clomid, the hot flashes are no joke but bearable and the end result will be well worth it.

I have spotting but its just a few days before AF appears. I feel I have a short LP as sometimes it can be 10 days but like today I started spotting at 13DPO, which is very unusual for me. My hopes were up slightly this month!

I've mentioned this to docs, FS and nurses and no-one seems to bother that I spot before AF.

Sorry, not the answer you wanted really but I hope you get some help with the clomid. I may just do the trick, you never know.

I had spotting 8-10dpo ( 13day LP) and i don't spot before period. Got tested as hormonal balance was suggested... Well, all was fine.
got smear done and tested for infections and stuff -all clear
Spotting stopped after laparoscopy for endometriosis.. So i guess in my case it could've been the endo.... Hope you find what causes yours and it stops very soon.

Hiya :flower: I have spotting before AF too - for anything between 4 and 7 days before AF. As I only have a 12 day LP, this means I often start spotting at 7/8 dpo. For me, this is a bit of a worry because I wonder whether the lining is in optimal condition for implantation. However, my boobs stay sore during this time, so I assume my progesterone is still high??

I've mentioned all this to my FS and she doesn't seem concerned about it at all. Like you, I've tried B-vits, agnus castus etc but it hasn't worked. Am taking soy at the moment to try and strengthen my OV and maybe stop the spotting that way. It has increased by LP by one day, but the spotting is still there. I am going to try a few months of this, then maybe try clomid? The FS briefly suggested this after my lap & dye - I think as she's running out of options!!

l
Let me know if you get any answers, as I would love to hear them!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->