Abnormal Results

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Received a letter from the doctors today in regards to when Olivia had her Sickle Cell screening done...

The results of the screening have picked up abnormal unknown HB levels. So guessing something to do with the red blood cells.

I have to make an appointment for her for further testing and me and Chris also have to be tested for something or other but I guess it will all becomer clearer once speaking to the doctor...

I broke down in tears when I read the letter, why do things like this come through the post on a Saturday when the surgerys are shut. Damn it. :hissy:

I don't really know how i'm feeling. Suppose scared, worried and anxious.

x

:hugs: Awe they should never just mail that kind of stuff to people. They should call and schedule the appointments. :hugs: I hope everthing is ok and its just more tests to confirm that. :hugs:

Oh hun this must really be concerning you

I hope Monday comes through fast so you can get an appointment and speak to the doctor :hugs:

aww hun.So sorry to hear that.. i had no idea they where allowed to send letters out like that regarding test results unless they where normal..when i was a student nurse they would usually call and ask u to make an appointment to discuss test results! i'd be inclined to queery that cus its not nice, it gets u all worked up!

I really hope its nothing too serious babe, keep us all informed. It must be a real worry for u. Thinkin of u xx

:hugs: What a way to let u know though i think a phonecall would have been much better!
Hope Olivia is ok!
xx

I really hope everything is ok. I know what it's like to have them tell you something but not explain it to you properly and you can't help but worry. Sometimes I think I'd really rather just not know unless there really was a problem! :hugs:

I totally agree, it is not good that they just send out those letters! those letters are always very scary!!!

but, honestly do not worry to much as it might be only a temporary condition or Olivia might just be a carrier of the sickle cell thing. then there are no health problems involved!

ps: I was worried 'bout this as daddy of LO is black and it is more common in black and asian people!

but, so far no letter (relieve)!

all the best :hi:

:hugs: I hope you were able to get an appointment today. Let us know how it goes :hugs:

I got into the doctors yesterday, He said not too worry too much at the moment but we are to go back once Olivia is 2-6 months old and have bloods taken from Chris, Olivia and I to be sent to Newcastle to some consultant and once the results come back the consultant will contact us to make an appointment with him.

They are going to try and trace what it is she may be a probable carrier of and where it has come from.

In all honesty it still dosent make much sense to me but the doctor said she was a very healthy baby and thats the main thing.

x

Glad your mind has been settled

:hugs:

I totally agree, it is not good that they just send out those letters! those letters are always very scary!!!

but, honestly do not worry to much as it might be only a temporary condition or Olivia might just be a carrier of the sickle cell thing. then there are no health problems involved!

ps: I was worried 'bout this as daddy of LO is black and it is more common in black and asian people!

but, so far no letter (relieve)!

all the best :hi:

hi babybean :hi:

wanted to see if you got already more info bout the unknown haemoglobin, if u dont mind me asking?

we got our letter today :cry:

Juleika is carrier of haemoglobin C!

but to be a carrier results only into a problem, if she has babies with sb who also has an abnormal haemoglobin and then the chance is one out of four that the baby will have a disease!

so we dont have to worry, our babies are healthy :hugs:

Yeah the doctor game me some info about what they had picked up... I cant remember exacly what it was at the moment its all written on the letter I beleive its Hb + V or something like that.

I'm going to get the bloods done when Olivia is getting around 6 months and have the tests carried out so we can find out exactly what it is and where it has stemed from

x

we are going to get OH's blood and mine checked that we can rule out any problems regarding the haemoglobins for baby #2 :baby:

we will have a visit on the 25th from a nurse which will explain all to us.

in your case, is it then a new as long undected haemoglobin, as they said its unknown?

I think so...

In all honesty I find it a tad confusing... I suupose once we have had the further tests carried out it will reveal alot more.

I'm also wanting to know if this will have any kind of effect or baby #2 or the possibilitys.

When do you get you bloods etc done? Are they going to be taken from Juleika too?

x

I want to get blood test done asap in case #2 comes without planning :baby:
however we have a lot going on at the moment, so I think we will not come round it before the end of march!
we do not need to get a blood test done for Juleika again as we know already she is HB C. for her it will be necessary to know what her partner's haemoglobins are when she is planning for babies. I will tell her 'bout it when the time has come for her being possibly getting pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->