? about Chem Pregnancy

andella95

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I hope I'm not too long winded, but let me tell you my story. I had a MMC in March of 2009. I went to the ER for spotting at almost 13 weeks, because I knew all along that something was wrong. The scan showed my baby died at 8 weeks. With that pregnancy, I didn't get a positive HPT until I was more than 7 weeks along. I always felt that meant something was wrong with the baby, and my intuition just said, "You aren't having this baby." It was conceived the first month that we tried, as was our first son, who just turned 2.

Since we've been "trying" since the MMC, I generally test (usually with cheap $1 brand) several times a month - as many as 10 or more per cycle! I'm always looking for that pink line - and on March 15 (one year from the day that I found out I lost my last baby), I finally got it. It was still three days before my period was due. I tested with a digital on the day my period was due & when I was one day late, and I got negatives. Then AF came two days late. I always thought maybe I had a chem pregnancy, since I've never had anything but evap lines previously. Af was one day of spotting, one day of light flow, and then very light spotting the next day.

As all of this is too stressful for me, and our financial situation started getting worse, we decided to start using protection. The one day we didn't use it would have either been the day of or the day after when I think I ovulated. Five days after we BD, I took another test - faint pink line. Definitely there. I've taken about 10 more tests, and half of them had faint lines, the other half were negative. I have felt 100% pregnant for about a week now - but 5 dpo would have been too early for symptoms...or a positive. I'm not looking for symptoms (honestly), but every day for the past week I my face turns bright red and I get very hot - that lasts for an hour or two, in the late afternoon. I haven't been getting my weekly migraines (which went away with my first pregnancy, as well), I'm naseated if I don't eat, my boobs & nipples are itchy & look totally different. You get the idea.

AF is due tomorrow, so I guess I'll get my answer then.

But for those of you who have had chemical pregnancies, what was your next cycle like? Lighter, heavier, late, on time?? I wonder if I may have had one last cycle or if I'm having one again.

I also wonder if maybe I am pregnant, and actually 8 weeks along, not four, and my last period wasn't a real period. Anyone know of anything like this happening and things turning out okay?

I just don't want to go through the pain of losing another baby.

Thanks for reading.

I really don't know I'm afraid - I would get to the dr's - if you have had cp's then it is best to get these logged on your medical record anyway - incase you do have any further issues. And the dr will give you more definitve answers with blood tests than any home tests can provide.

Hoping for a happy outcome

hx

I got my first bfp this month only to loose at 5 weeks. I did a test 5dpo as I had some bleeding and was going to the drs so wanted to rule out pregnancy (really didn't think I was) then to my surprise it read pregnant 1-2 weeks. It was a lovely shock and surprise, somthing that we have been trying for 8 months.
Well kept doing tests over the next couple of weeks, thinkin about it now the lines didn't get any darker but they were deffinately there. I then started bleeding 4 days after af was due. So I think this was chemical. Feel so awful but I have learnt that I will not be testing until I'm a week late for af as I don't want the upset. I'm hoping that it doesn't take another 8 months to get another bfp.

I'm not sure what is going on with your body but I do hope it is a sticky bean - good luck. A trip to the doctors is prob worth a visit. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->