about to give up

vegazbaby

Reaction score
my son as born last week by c section, and we have struggled with latching on from day dot, ive been anxious and emotional about it and 3 days ago decided to go with formula and stop beating my self up.

im now at a point where i am pumping every couple of hours and getting 1oz at a time, im more confident with the baby now and satisfied that he is eating enough, but i really do want to give it one last shot to breast feed.

since yesterday i have been starting every feed with an attempt to breast feed, i have nipples that often shy away and huge boobies, im not entirely sure if the baby is getting much from me, are there ways you can find out ? so after each session of attempted breastfeed approx 10 mins i then give him expressed milk to ensure he is full up.

is there anything wrong with me giving 2 meals a day by breast and the rest formula?
should i just give up and go the formula route?
any tips for knowing that your baby is latched on?

please help this is really upsetting me

thank you

I'm definitely not an expert.... but I'd say some breast milk is better than none. I also supplement with formula at night if I don't have any pumped for a bottle. Some nights I am just so stressed and need DH to handle a feeding for me. Sounds like you are doing a good job to me.

The only thing I would worry about is your supply decreasing. But if you are nursing or pumping every 3 hours or so, that shouldn't happen. Does LO stop sucking after 10 minutes at the breast? My lactation consultant suggested I try and keep LO feeding for at least 15 minutes until he seems to stop and then offer the other side to him. Sometimes I follow her advice sometimes I don't.

I am 12 days into breastfeeding. I have thought about giving up pretty much every single day. Because of sore nipples & feeling like I don't get a break. But I am looking forward to the 2 week mark. Everyone says it all gets easier after 2 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->