Absolutely freaking out!!!! Sorry if TMI

GemmaG

Reaction score
Sorry girls for TMI I don't know much about cervix's during pregnancy and I'm waiting for my consultant to call me back.

Long story short I had a trickle of fluid this morning that ran down my leg but wasn't alot so put it down to watery discharge so this afternoon me and DH were having a bit of intimate time as he has just arrived back from working away well we started off as you do and he freaked he said his finger went through a hole!! I freaked to and went and checked myself and my cervix is very low and so soft with a hole the size of my finger in it! What on earth does this mean is labour close??? Sorry but I'm scared its far too early I have had BH and slight period pains the last few days but nothing more than I normally get x

Has your consultant rang you back yet? Can't you ring your midwife xx

I'd phone the hospital just to cover all bases x

No everyone was busy when I rang admissions I don't have a midwife as I'm consultant led only because I'm having twins x

Do you not have a maternity assesment unit at the hospital? x

Perhaps u could ring the hospital and ask to speak to a midwife and get there advice x

Just kep trying your consultant Hun can you call your birthing unit ect and get some advice from them? They might just want you to come in so you they can just check you out xxx

A fingertip sized hole means you are one centimeter dilated. It could mean labour, it could be.nothing, but since you are having twins, Id definately keep.calling and bugging someone until they.check you out!

I don't know too much about the cervix and pregnancy either but an idea, maybe you are dilated to a 1? I thought that was one finger. I am 27 weeks and have been dilated to a 1 for a while, which can mean nothing and be completely normal. I have also had fluid trickle down my leg several times and I'm pretty sure in my case it was a little bit of urine. Sometimes the baby just hits your bladder or moves in a way that causes you to leak a little. Regardless, if you are concerned I would get checked out or at least call the nurse. Hope everything is ok!

I just called again I think admissions is the only place I can ring as it has the maternity assessment unit delivery etc in all one area and its just reception I get when I call. They said a midwife or doctor will call me back as soon as someone is free x

Consultant just called and said if I wasn't having any pains or tightening then I shouldn't be too concerned if im dilated so hopefully nothing will happen and they stay in a bit longer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->