Abuse Survivors

i went through 14 years of abuse whilst i was growing up. i moved out of my mums house just before i turned 15 to get away from it.

:hugs:

I went through 6 years of Domestic Violence! 3 kids in the situation :-(

i'm in the process of getting out of mine. were seeing if hes serious about councling or not.....im not getting my hopes up ne time soon

I was abused as a child, I find it really hard to talk to anyone about it. I would like to speak to my mum about it but she was also abused by the same person and I don't want to stir up bad memories for her

hi, 8 years of childhood and 3 years of domestic here. Nice group :thumbup:

I was abused as a child was then taken into care then went on to have a domestic abusive parnter :( ...But i am here now and i am a survivor x

I was abused as a child, I find it really hard to talk to anyone about it. I would like to speak to my mum about it but she was also abused by the same person and I don't want to stir up bad memories for her

my mum was abused by the same person too. when i felt like i needed to talk i went to a councelor instead of speaking to her. i didnt want to bring up memories for my mum either

I have a question for those who went through childhood abuse. Do you think you will be more open with your children about abuse because of it? I have already said I will make a point of letting Ed know that if any one ever hurts him in any way then he needs to speak to his mummy no matter what this person says they will not hurt him and mummy will believe him. I know he's only 9 months old but I want to get into talking to him now so it's not a difficult subject later on. I will tell him I was abused but will not go into detail with him as I don't feel he needs to know that.

yes i will be more open with my children about abuse/bullies etc.. i would never want them to feel like they cant talk to me. my mum was always distant, never around to speak to and i felt very alone for years.

Hi all,

I went through 12 years of domestic , i now help and talk to other survivors it has really helped me !

I was in a abusive relationship for almost 2 years before i met my hubby ... in a weird way it has made who i am ... a damn sight stronger for it

I was abused as up until I was 2 years old and was adopted to a good home. When I was 8, I was sexually assaulted by my birthmom's boyfriend and then when I was 16 it was at the hands of my brother-in-law. For the next 5 years, my BIL tried to get me to start affairs up with him every time I talked to him (which is why I never talked to him).
When it comes to my children, I am going to definately be more open about abuse and make sure that he/she/they know that I will believe them no matter what.
Up until this year I've never been able to deal with the abuse or really even think about it without the pain almost killing me. I ended up going to EMDR and it helped me get over that feeling so I can deal with it and move on.

I was in a domestic violent relationship when I was 16....in which my then boyfriend held me down and let our roommate rape me (they took turns) and my bf used a coat hanger as a crude method to prevent pregnancy..which has now resulted in my sons preterm birth and me from having any other pregnancies. And probably the loss of two other babies.

I was also abused by my real dad.

My mum was in an abusive relationship from when I was 6-16. I was often hit by her partner and had to cope with seeing so much violence inflicted on her and protecting my younger brother from it too. She would often talk of suicide and I had to convince her to put the knives back in the drawer many a time. Thankfully she is now married to my lovely step dad who would never hurt anyone.

I came close to being sexually abused when I was 12/13 by a 15 yr old my mum fostered, he used to creep around my room naked at night, and threaten to do stuff to me.

:(

My Mum was abused by a partner she had at the time when I was growing up, from the age of about 4-9. She's no longer with that person.

I was also abused by my OH early on in the relationship - Luckily he got help, when our son was born, and now is a completely different person.

this is a really good group! :thumbup:

i was in an abusive relationship from the age of 14 to 17 and only recently managed to gather enough strength to go to the police as the ******* abused the 2 girlfriends he's had since. i felt responsible because i didnt go to teh police sooner so i could have prevented them from going through what i did...

I was in an abusive relationship from the age of 17 till i was 20...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->