acceptance?

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
hope someone can give me support....

i'm 36 weeks, this is my first and possibly my only one. i really wanted a water birth in my MLU, but it looks like my LO want go head down...
i know that vaginal delivery should still be an option even he's breech but to be honest i think my MW/hospital will only offer a planned c-section. just the thought of it makes me so upset. the idea of not even experiencing a contraction makes me cry :cry:
i'm doing everything i can to make him go head down but i'm so stressed/obsessed about it that now i wonder if my stress is actually preventing him from turning? :nope::shrug:
should i just accept that i will not have my ideal birth?

As someone who just went through this.
My MWs, doula, and chiropractor all thought my son has turned at 35 weeks. It was only during my labor that we discovered he was still breech. I knew I wasn't comfortable delivering him at home and neither was my MW so I made the choice to transfer. It turned out my son had a very short umbilical cord, which is probably why he didn't/couldn't turn. I had the c-section, and know I made the right choice for us both. It wasn't the one I wanted to have to make though.

I think your baby still has time to turn. If you don't want to have an c-section, then keep pushing for time to allow him to turn. Really push you MW for options. This is your birth!

Good luck hun.

As someone who just went through this.
My MWs, doula, and chiropractor all thought my son has turned at 35 weeks. It was only during my labor that we discovered he was still breech. I knew I wasn't comfortable delivering him at home and neither was my MW so I made the choice to transfer. It turned out my son had a very short umbilical cord, which is probably why he didn't/couldn't turn. I had the c-section, and know I made the right choice for us both. It wasn't the one I wanted to have to make though.

it's interesting you say this...i have the feeling he is trying to turn but can't quite make it...is there any way to find this out before hand? would it be seen in a scan?

I think your baby still has time to turn. If you don't want to have an c-section, then keep pushing for time to allow him to turn. Really push you MW for options. This is your birth!
Good luck hun.

i got this idea that they will try to convince me to have a c-section when i'm 39 weeks or so...but you're right i should be given all the options. i'm seeing my MW on tuesday and will make sure she knows what i want.

I have no idea if there is way to find out. I don't know if a sonogram would be able to measure it very well.

The only way we will have options for birth is to fight for them. My MW gave me the option to say at home or not. I got to make the choice and that made such a huge difference for me in my first birth compared to this birth. I would much rather have bern able to try to push him out but knew in transgerinf I wouldn't be allowed to. So when the hospital liasion asked what they could do to improve, I told her to find a doctor to support breech births.

A good friend of mine had a breech bubba and tried 2 ecv's without success but she didn't book her CS until 41+ weeks to give baby max chance to turn. Some turn in labour.

She went into labour the day before the hooked CS, went in and had a CS but it wasn't rushed or anything she hit everything she wanted out from the CS but at least knew baby was ready.

Also as far as I know a hospital could not force you to CS for breech. They cannot operate without consent after all. BUT if the MW/OB have experience in breech delivery you may not want to go down that road.

Just because CS for breech is the 'norm' it doesn't mean breech isn't normal.

Birth without fear is a good blog that's had some good breech info google and check it out (on my phone sorry cant post the link)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->