Accepting school place, is this right?

BethK

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Luckily my daughter got in to our first choice primary. We waited up to see the offer and accepted the place there and then online.

Now a couple of my friends who have heard from other parents at different schools (not in this area) have said that you need to accept the place with the council (done online) AND you also need to accept the place with the school?

Do you know what they could be talking about?

As i've said we've accepted the place via the gov website but i've not got anything to accept with the school also. Do i just email them and accept?

I'd have thought the council would tell them we've accepted :wacko:

I don't think you have to tell the school. In Essex you don't even have to accept the offer to the council -it's assumed you have accepted it unless they hear otherwise.

Maybe ring the school and ask them?

I think it's different for each area.

We had to sign a form and send it back to the council.

I would give them a call to check x

Thanks ladies!

I've got nothing in the post today so I'll give the school a ring tomorrow to check I've not missed a message somewhere to say I was supposed to contact the school.

We had to fill in a form and hand it in to the school who send if off to the LEA I think it's different depending where you live/what type of school it is.

It was a bit confusing here as I saw LO's place online and it said to accept or decline the offer but to wait until a letter came through the post for more info. Then the letter said to do nothing if you accepted the place! So I accepted it online anyway and it said that they would now inform the school... so I have no idea whether the letter or online was right! I'd just tell everybody, just in case :)

I went online and saw that we'd been offered our first place school - by this there was an option to accept the place or not.
We then got the letter the next day and the letter said to either go online and accept the place OR return the paper reply slip to the council. I responded online and took a print out of the screen to show when i accepted the place.
It might be worth calling the school to ask what you should do.

It varies by area.

We got our offer online and then by post the next day and in our letter it said that the only time we need to contact anyone is if we want to refuse the offer.

I got my letter today, it said I should accept the offer (I got my first choice) and then in time the school will contact me and may ask for more documents to confirm I meet the criteria. So maybe that's what they mean. The school will need to get in touch to let you know details etc so there may be another step to finally confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->